Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Hanging on by a Tail

The layout of today's card was inspired by this lovely card by Serita Simmonett.

The seahorse looks so striking in shades of yellow. My original plan was to put more aquatic color on the card, but everything I tried (aqua card base included) just didn't work right for me. The gray allows the yellow to really sing, and there's just a hint of aqua in the bling bubbles.



My favorite part of this card is the pairing of the sentiment with an image of a seahorse holding onto seaweed with its tail.

Who among us hasn't had to hold onto something in the currents of life?




I hope you're hanging in there in this season of hacking and coughing.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Color-Layering Seahorse, Keep It Simple sentiment
ink: Memento Luxe London fog; Archival saffron; Memento daffodil; Hero Arts butter bar
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, Copic marker (to color rhinestones), craft foam, glue


4 comments:

  1. I have seen this stamp done several ways but I like this the best. I have this stamp set but just couldn't get with all the blues and greens. This one really works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards have quiet peace and beauty. Your seahorse is no exception. Many of my favorite cards are born from your designs/ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image works perfectly with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!