Monday, March 20, 2017

My New Favorite Blue

Colors make me happy...light shades, dark shades, everything in between. Colors, colors everywhere!

So many of the Archival ink shades I've been collecting for the past year have truly made me happy, especially manganese blue.

Oh, my.

It's intense, energetic blue. It's electrified blue. It's in-your-face blue.

Ordinarily, blue is a soothing, cool color. Many shades of blue (especially the ones I usually use) are relaxing, calm, serene.

But not manganese blue. It pops right off white cardstock like it was made to be the king of blue-y blues.




All-caps BLUE. Manganese blue pairs nicely with black and holds up well to it.

And really, the colors are my favorite thing about this card. I like how the sentiment coordinates with the images (love those fonts!), and the black Stickles on the flower centers is sparkly and fun, but otherwise, the design doesn't make sense. Why is that line blocking the flowers? How can they grow and "get well" as the card's theme suggests? It's just weird.

A good idea that shouldn't have seen the light of day.

The blue saves it, though. At least, for me, manganese blue saves the card.

It's okay if you don't like it the design, but you just gotta love that blue!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Floral Frenzy and sentiment
ink: Archival manganese blue, black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: black Stickles, corner rounder


12 comments:

  1. I love that blue. Except when my husband really wanted to buy a car in that color. Then i said "No".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue. And even funnier, I have an SUV that was purchased because it is that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I really like this-the color is WOW. I see it as the flowers holding up the table on which the well wishes are resting! So it works for me! (And I'd love a car this color blue!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie...I can work with that interpretation of the design!

      Delete
  4. Such a happy blue. Do you have a favorite green? You know inquiring minds and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No favorite green at this time. My favorites change often...sometimes daily. ;-) There are too many awesome shades!

      But for spring, Hero Arts green hills is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  5. It is a great blue. I'm still searching for the perfect pink. I refuse to lose sleep over it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinks are so hard! I do love Impress Fresh Ink pink lemonade that's on yesterday's pink and yellow card. But I don't have a pink dye ink that really stands out for me either.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!