Wednesday, March 29, 2017

IC590: Glass Butterfly

As soon as I saw this photo on the IC590 inspiration board, I knew exactly what to make:


Stamping on a transparency...haven't done that technique in a long time. I even wondered if my Staz-On black ink had dried out. It hadn't, and it still smells delightful.

Sniffin' ink. That's just sad.

Anyway, the butterfly comes from Antique Engravings by Hero Arts. The transparency is taped directly to the raised white frame and then attached to the stamped card base with strips of craft foam and liquid glue. Thus, the butterfly is suspended 1/8" above the flowers, adding some lovely dimension in imitation of the inspiration photo.





The floral stem comes from Rubber Stampede and is pretty old...not to mention just plain pretty. It's colored with Memento markers and huffed, so that's a second technique used on one card.

Not a record, of course, but still. The use of two techniques on one LateBlossom card deserves a little applause.

I've had a little spending spree and will share tomorrow. Oh, my. If I won the lottery, I'd spend it all on stamps. And ink. And paper.

Of course, we can't have everything. Where would we put it?*

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Rubber Stampede, Papertrey, Hero Arts
ink: Staz-On black, Archival black
paper: Papertrey white, transparency
accessories: craft foam, Scor-Tape, glue 

*Thank you, Steven Wright.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea and one I will have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is REALLY pretty, Susan...what a great technique! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the dimension!!! How I miss Steven Wright... comedic genius, may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Susan! And I'm giving you a discreet golf clap for using TWO techniques. It's still beautifully clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowza! I know I'm late to the party (not much time to keep up with reading lately) but had to stop a post a comment here. This is so beautiful, I may to give this idea a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!