Sunday, March 5, 2017

Playing with Gathered Garden

My last Papertrey order included Gathered Garden, which is a large, varied set with some cute bows to tie together a bouquet.

The bows, however, do not feature on today's card.



After attempting to make several cards with backgrounds using multiple stamps from the set (and failing spectacularly), I decided to pull a random scrap out of my scrap drawer and work with a single 3-step image from the set. I only used two of the three stamps, though, because the two stems turned out so nicely in Impress Fresh ink kale and merlot. So yay. But the strip was a bit too bare above the stems, so I added a little butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies (also Papertrey). The sentiment comes from a Penny Black set (not sure of the name).



A little bit of bling on the butterfly finishes the card.

All that white space made me so happy! In the end, I've decided that the images in the set are a bit too detailed and large for me to create a successful clean-and-simple looking background with them. And that's okay. Working with a single pretty, detailed image works just fine for my CAS style. And after a few cards, I even managed to make one that uses four different stems! Go, me!

But that will wait for another day.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. We did.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Gathered Garden, Beautiful Butterflies; Penny Black (sentiment)
ink: Impress Fresh Ink kale, merlot; VersaMagic pink petunia
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue, rhinestones

10 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful and I think the bling is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card and I love the rich Impress ink colors - and their names! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Impress really came up with some good ones!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card. Your stamping is always so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this set as well, so I am looking forward to seeing your ideas with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it a bit harder to create with than I thought I would. It's a great set...but harder to do CAS with than I expected.

      Delete
  5. That is one spectacular stamp. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!