Saturday, July 1, 2017

Every Little Thing

Inspiration takes odd turns sometimes.

Consider this scrapbook layout by Shanna Noel, which I came across while perusing last week's Inspiration Challenge:

Source


I love this design (can you say, "White Space and Strong Visual Triangle?), but my attempts to translate it to a card were only moderately successful. I decided to take ideas from the layout and try them on a single area of a card. My first effort was, again, only moderately successful, but the second let me know that "every little thing is going to be alright [sic]":





Instead of three circles spread all over the card, I brought them together as aqua-colored bubbles connecting three orange sea creatures. Then I added bling because...well, you know why.



My thought with the card is that life tends to roll us around like bubbles and critters in a wave, but every little thing is going to be all right anyway.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan



Supplies
stamps: My Favorite Things Party Patterns, various Hero Arts ocean sets, Simon Says Stamp Uplifting Thoughts
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. I like getting a peek into the thought behind the creativey. Cute card and I know have that song stuck in my head!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *now have that song....I really should proof read!

      Delete
  2. I am surprised at how well balanced your design is! Such beautiful bold colours coupled with a fav theme of the sea! The way you have added the bling is brilliant, it really finishes it off a treat. Us Brits use 'alright' a lot, it is strange when I see 'all right' being used! Bon dimanche!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I could look at this card all day long. Beautiful and perfectly balanced. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!