Sunday, July 2, 2017

Not My Idea...But a Very Good One!

I truly try to give credit where credit is due, but I cannot remember where the idea for these two cards came from. I've searched and searched, and nothing's turning up. I THINK the idea came from a Stampington publication, but like I said, I can't find it. And it's definitely not my own.

If anyone recognizes the source, please let me know so I can give credit.

So here's the idea that I found so appealing: a background on the edge of the card with vintage-y stamps. What a great use of two very old, distress-edged shadow stamps from Hero Arts!


The first card takes advantage of honey yellow for a pop of strong color.  The lovely vintage-style StampinUp stamps are tightly focused in one small area of the card for a very strong focal point.


The second card goes soft and serene with a larger blue backdrop and with vintage images spread out a bit more to breathe.



Honestly not sure which I prefer, but they both are satisfying.

Again, if you have any clue what the source of this inspiration might be, please let me know.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and proper citations,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: StampinUp Nature Walk, Papertrey sentiments, Hero Arts shadow
ink: Archival cornflower, saffron, black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: not a one

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Susan! Are you finding that you still pull out your Stampin' Up! stamp sets? I definitely do! I know there are a ton of trendy, modern stamp companies out there but Stampin' Up! sets are timeless and still wonderful to work with. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the off the edge designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB makes both, sadly, I am unable to offer a suggestion for the originator.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two absolutely gorgeous cards, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards. I am going to make these. I have to find my old Hero Arts shadow stamps. I loved making shadow cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these designs, I may also steal this idea, will go and have a rummage now!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!