Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Riviera Looks Nice This Time of Year

I just know you've had this happen to you. I was innocently rummaging around in Marco's Paper last week, and an inkpad leaped into my basket. All. By. Itself.

That Kaleidacolor Riviera ink pad chose me...not the other way around. So it's not my fault. Not at all. Surely you understand this sort of thing.

But I'm not so sure my husband would.

Anywho, I played around with the inkpad and came up with three fun cards. Isn't the Riviera just lovely?



The first card uses a single image that covers the whole pad. (The layout came from this pin, by the way.) The touch of purple on the sentiment helped bring the raised panel and feather together, but the raised panel still looked too plain (even for me), so I dragged the edges over the purple part of the Kaleidacolor pad. That worked fine.

Next, I wanted to let the Riviera spectrum move from one image to the next, so Clearly Besotted's Everything Changes butterflies filled the need nicely. So girly and feminine, don't you think?



Finally, I wanted to let my minimalist freak flag fly with maximum white space and a single layer. I adore the movement in this one, and the bling! EEEP!




Which is your favorite and why?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers, Clearly Besotted Everything Changes, sentiments from Papertrey
ink: Kaleidacolor Riviera, Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, Copics and Sharpies to color them

13 comments:

  1. ooh love these. I think the last one is my fave. just like the tight arrangement not bothering anyone else!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS love your cards. Always!
    I like the last one best because it is soo perfectly random. And I cannot imagine being clever enough to create that design myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards. I like the colors on the ink pad. I am sure glad the pad jumped in your cart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one. Don't know. Just do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, lovely it is! Love #3. Perfect. And very white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three cards are simply exquisite; the inspired, masterful placement of all the elements is sheer genius. The balance and flow you create are sheer beauty and delight to the eye. Thank you for posting and sharing your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards as usual. You really do have an eye for design! I like #2 as it is so whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first feather itself, but the colors are so beautifully showcased with the butterflies. And then there is the utter elegance of the last card. My favorite, in no particular order is #1, 2, & 3. And how in the world do you stamp such amazing cards with the Kaleidacolor ink pads? I can never re-ink successfully. Gorgeous, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn those jumping craft items!!! The same thing happens here in TN...I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #2 grabbed me right away - maybe because the colours are so different from one butterfly to the other, yet the colours all "belong" together...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The butterflies because it's, well, Butterflies! And what's not to love about butterflies? (My great niece would not agree with that statement, because a butterfly is a bug, and bugs are icky.) Love this color range, might have to look for that pad:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!