Sunday, July 9, 2017

In Honor of a Beautiful Day


Gratitude is good for the soul. Research shows that an attitude of gratitude is essential for happiness, and my personal experience supports the research. Perhaps you can relate. After years of cultivating that attitude of gratitude, I've discovered even in my lowest moments of fear or anger or sadness, I'll find myself smiling at a whiff of strong, black coffee or the sight of Daisy recharging her golden retriever goodness in a sunbeam or a piece of mail that isn't junk.

Yesterday, as my husband drove us to Barnes & Noble for our weekly mocha-and-book fix, I noticed the deep, rich greens of the grass and trees of mid-summer in Ohio. The perfectly blue sky sported a few puffy white clouds, and the temperature hovered around 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

What a day to be grateful for!



This simplicity of the bright yellow sun, white card, and black sentiment speaks to the simple joy in a beautiful day.

And because today is a lovely repeat of yesterday, here's another version of the card...with a completely different feel to it. Simplicity is replaced with the the chaotic energy of joyful, celebratory colors (without loss of white space)!


To make this card, I used my MISTI and masked off the bottom and right edges with washi. The splatter stamps are from Altenew's A Splash of Color, which is extremely fun.

Whichever card you prefer, I pray that you are able to rejoice in a beautiful day and let your soul take a bath in gratitude overflowing.

Wishing you mercy, grace, peace, love, and summer gratitude,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Phrases and Praises (sentiment), Simon Says Stamp My Sunshine, Altenew A Splash of Color
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: MISTI, washi

9 comments:

  1. Both cards are delightful, but must admit I am truly drawn to
    the colors you chose for the second one. Perfect!!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards and love the verse. After battling over 15 years of depression, developing an attitude of gratitude was one of the key components in bringing an end to that horrible period of my life. Praise God I have been out of that pit for 17 years now. "I will praise the Lord no matter what happens; I will constantly speak of His glories and grace" Ps. 34:1 LB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha, so glad you're out of the pit. Thanks be to God!

      Delete
  3. I am so grateful. Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan, you are so good for both my heart and soul! These cards are glorious. Thank you for sharing your talents and insight. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this one! This is my favorite bible verse so naturally I went to Papertrey Ink and ordered the stamp set! Thanks so much for you inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!