Friday, April 16, 2010

Best Wishes with *gasp* a Few Layers

Are you sick of this color combination yet? I'm not. But today will be the last card posted with it for a while. I'm cooking up something extra-special for next week. My partner-in-crime is Mary Dawn of My Pink Mexico. Boy, howdy! Y'all are gonna love it!

In the meantime, feast your eyes on this.


The sentiment on this card is darker IRL but for some reason washed out in the photo. The pearls are also a bit more subtle. But I love this classic layout and it was fun playing with layers to frame the image, too. The colors are a touch too subtle to stand alone on a one-layer card, and the double matte brightens the whole thing up considerably!


I hope y'all are planning a wonderful weekend full of springtime fun (fall fun for those down under) and creativity. Make it a great one!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, PTI
ink: VersaMagic
paper: PTI white, SU cool caribbean, gable green
accessories: satin ribbon, dimensionals

18 comments:

  1. pearls ribbon AND layers...are you sure you're alright? can i get you some water? ;)

    it's beautiful, of course...can't wait til next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. another lovely...
    I am heading away for the weekend to beach country although they say it may snow....guess that means we will have to do more shopping and eating chocolate. I will need it after today...a PD day, no school and a house filled with little ones.
    Hope you have a great one too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is lovely. Those colors really go together (don't stop using them every once in a while!). And I don't think that's "layering" as much as it is "framing." Some stamps just need a frame, and it usually makes them pop, like this one does. It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect in every way!!

    marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layers never looked so good. Spectacular colors and wonderful classic design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rare find. Perfect in all ways. GORGEOUS colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is perfect for me. I can not do olc's - yours (and others) look amazing, mine look unfinished, so I always seem to have 3 layers, the card, a darker layer to create a frame and then still lots white space for the focal point. I often 'adapt' your designs in this way when I case them! Love the colours, I could never get sick of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are the pearls meant to be like drops of dew? Because that is what they look like to me. I am all about glitter, but the subtle shimmer of your pearls is really growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is just beautiful and I don't think I would ever tire of the colour combination nor leaf patterns. It's nice to see SU cool caribbean as it was a colour we didn't get in Australia (maybe that's a good thing as we don't know what we are losing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A classic beauty Susan! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this! The colors, the clean lines, everything!! It's just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beauty ... so clean and crisp even with the layers ;)
    I like Nicole's idea that the pearls look like dew drops, just want to touch them ....
    You have a great week-end too.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this color combo and I don't think I'd get sick of seeing it. It's so bright and refreshing. I like the pearls you added to your leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. simply fabulous! i love love love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!