Sunday, April 18, 2010

CAS63...A Little Late

My brain was too preoccupied with next week's excitement with Mary Dawn to jump right into the CAS62 Mackinac Island challenge. I've been to Mackinac and loved the experience, but struggled to get a grip on the challenge. I wanted to do a lamp post card but don't have a lamp post stamp and couldn't get my mind redirected.

Until I got this Martha Stewart punch and thought, hmmm, red and yellow tulips sound nice.



And they are!

I made the tulips by punching them out of green and yellow/red cardstock, cutting the tops off the yellow/red ones, and sticking the tops onto the green stems. I added the bling because they looked a bit plain. Notice that there are three spots of yellow cardstock and three spots of red cardstock on the card.

Hopefully I will be more with it Monday morning and jump right on the upcoming CAS63 challenge. But at least I got there eventually for CAS62!

BTW, welcome to all the new subscribers who've joined Simplicity in the past week. Oh, my!

Supplies
stamps: PTI Mixed Messages
ink: real red
paper: PTI white; SU yo-yo yellow, real red, green galore
accessories: MS tulip punch, unknown sun punch, ribbon

19 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love your happy sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, it makes me want to sit in the sun.

    my husband is dutch and has requested a bed of tulips next spring in our new yard...i'm thinking yellow and red :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how can that card not make you smile??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these tulips! I picked up that punch too and never thought about cutting it apart - duh! I found you through Mary Dawn and I am sooooooooo very happy I did. Your work is absolutely fantastic and I look forward to being inspired by you often. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card this morning brought an immediate smile to my face. How bright, perky, and springy! It's just lovely! Now I've GOT to have this tulip punch. Love the green ribbon for ground, too. And putting the sentiment on the sun is genius! The whole thing adds up to a spectacular card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!
    just checked your site visits.
    112,000!!!
    oh my. seems like last tuesday you crossed the 20,000 mark!
    way to go, susan.

    thanks for the wonderful card. it just shouts spring. makes me smile. enjoy your weekend.

    marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous color combo and balance of colors. What a fun idea to use ribbon for the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card today, as usual. I wanted to let you know that I am a faithful reader, but infrequent commenter. I had to tell you, though, the other day I made such a painless card, and it was with with your help and advice. It is so very helpful that you talk us through your design principles; I need the repetition and multiple examples! So thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy smokes I LOVE that sun. You did a sun a few weeks ago that I also loved. Seems like every stamp company has a sun, but none quite so perfect as yours.

    Fantastic card....still and again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
    As I write this the sun has just burnt through the mist and lit up the red tulips outside my window ... aaaah isn't nature wonderful and so are you with your huge talent. Next week must be really good for you to forget a CAS challenge ... I wonder what you have in store for us!?!?!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty! Love these bright colors, and what better image than a tulip, as they are blooming as we speak! TFS...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a colorful card! Love your dimensional sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!