Friday, April 30, 2010

Everyday Classics

As I eagerly await this year's PTI Special Edition Anniversary set (given to customers who purchase 12 or more sets in one year), I realized that last year's Anniversary set Everyday Classics was feeling lonely and needed some attention. I had used a few of the images but not all, so I resolved to use every image stamp in the set. Here are two that turned out nicely.


The stack of teacups is not an original idea, but I'll be darned if I can remember where I saw it. The idea for the pairs of large and small bling scattered over the design comes straight from the Hero Arts catalog. It didn't need the bling, though, as the completely flat card really was fun without it.

Sometimes, I bling and it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference in my feelings toward a card. Other times, bling takes a card from "eh" to "ahhhhhh"...like this one:


The small flowers were relatively easy to cut out and pop up, and the bling really brings this card together.

The ink on both cards is Memento, which is quickly becoming my new favorite. I bought all 24 colors at Michael's when it was 40% off. It stamps beautifully, and I'm finding the colors match either PTI or SU cardstock pretty well.

Generally speaking, I'm not as wild about companies giving free sets as I am about sales on sets I DO want. But PTI is a class act, and their free sets from the last two years are outstanding, versatile, and packed with simple, stylish sentiments. Can't wait to see this year's set!


STAMPS FOR SALE UPDATE
There are only two left of the SU sets for sale: Ho Ho Holidays ($8) and Fine Lace (background, not in clamshell box, $6). Let me know if you are interested!

I will be organizing some Hero Arts and other stamps into lots to sell soon.

Supplies
stamps: PTI Everyday Classics
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: bling, corner rounder

22 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE the teacup card....{she says drooling!!} The flowers are wonderful too....
    thanks so much for always inspiring me everyday. I love visiting you everyday with my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the bling on the first card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. How. Cute! I just love the coffee cups stacked up that way! And the bling is perfect. On the second card, popping the 2 smaller flowers gives it a much larger impact. Both cards are lovely. And as far as that PTI anniversary set goes, I'M SO JEALOUS!!! Every time you use it, I think "I wish they'd sell it" since I just can't do the 12 sets a year from them! Bet we'll never see a PTI set for sale from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get out!! I love your stacked tea cups!! I too have seen this done a million times but never thought of doing it with that particular cup. You know I'll be stacking when I get a chance to stamp now!!! It is so hard to be patient!!! The sneak peeks I've seen of the new set look awesome and I can hardly wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love both of these. And I love that set, too. I have used the flower images many times - they are so beautiful when stamped. The bling looks good on them. And you always know just the right place to put the sentiment - an ongoing challenge for me. I didn't earn the anniversary set this year. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I squealed with glee when I saw this. I have received this very set just TODAY (I bought it from someone on the forum as I hadn't discovered PTI when it was available). I adore the images and it is probably going to be one of my all time faves - I can just feel it!! If you are being one of the disciplined and not looking at the new one then you are going to be so pleased when you get it - it's lovely.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards always inspire me! Thanks so much for such a great blog!!!

    Hugs!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I've said it before, but it bears repeating: YOU ROCK! I am so inspired by you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both cards! This year's anniversary set is awesome - I've used it several times already and just received it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dotted teacups are so fun! It will definitely brighten the recipients day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those stacked teacups are so cute. Flowers are lovely too .. perfect placement of sentiment as usual and the bling is just right.
    I am green with envy at your PTI collection ;)
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute cards!

    Here's the anniversary set...
    http://forum.papertreyink.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=104880&g2_GALLERYSID=f31fc72c448abcb20ff6e1240848ca13
    ...of course, if you want to get a preview of it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cups with their shades of blue are too cute.. and that little bit of bling - fantastic. Will have to suss out Memento further, sounds fab (I have only ever used black).

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bling with the teacups! So unexpected and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such an inspiration, Susan! :) The teacup card is da bomb...love the accent of two sizes of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, How have I never seen your blog before??? What rock was I living under??? Your stuff is fabulous...create more...keep it coming!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not seeing it sans bling, I can't be sure how much it added... but I love the bling on the teacup card! And OLC, too! The flower card is so pretty, very cheery. I think my local Michael's might have, oh, FOUR colours of Memento, certainly not 24! :P
    Thanks for the kind words on my CASE of your kraft+DP card, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny you should mention bling for the second card. I thought the gem placement on your teacup card was brilliant (no pun intended.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adore your teacup card! The colors and addition of the bling are a standout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the tipsy turvy stack of teacups. Very fun. The purple flowers are subtle and pretty.

    I too second guess my embellishment choices. That's why I don't use them often. Because I'm afraid it might go too overboard. But your's are just a subtle pop of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both so cute!! Love those tea cups stacked up like that. Another stamp set I sold and am regretting now. {Sigh} I'm supposed to be thinning out my stash of stamp sets... Must remember when I come to Susan's beautiful blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!