Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Explanation and a Pun

Thanks for all the kind comments on yesterday's post. Please know that not all guilt is bad! I love this hobby and love sharing on my blog and love encouraging others to find joy in their own creations. When I first started stamping, hardly anyone I knew stamped (or even knew what stamping was). It was lonely. Now, because of high-speed internet, I have a whole community of stampers at my fingertips. No more loneliness! Yippeeee!

I can't remember posting this card, though I made it months ago. If I did post it before, please don't tell me. The illusion that I'm on top of things is precious to me. It keeps me going.



You should know that puns and I are experiencing a detente. I've never at all minded when others used them on cards. In fact, the Queen of CAS herself JulieHRR uses them a lot, and all her punny cards are too stinkin' cute! It's just that as a word nerd, I've generally avoided them except when I wanted to elicit a groan from my audience. But on cards, well, I just can't resist the cuteness.

The sheep is from a Hero Arts clear set and its fur is Polar Flower Soft. The sentiment came to live with me courtesy of my friend Sue in Charleston who accidentally bought two of the PTI Year-Round Puns sentiment set. Thanks, Sue!

15 comments:

  1. I think this is "stinkin' cute!" Very effective with the tone on tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and lovable. As usual, perfectly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! Yes, I've got the Puns set, but now I need to run out and buy a lamb! I think I'll get that MS lacey border stamp you used the other day, too.....Thank you for all your ideas you give us! No, I don't recall you posting this before. And I laughed about the puns. I'm waiting for a "birthday fishes" card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card....I know what you mean about no one else around knowing what stamping was...it's still much the same where I live...very few people are aware of it's creative possibilities.
    Keep going girl, we love your simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little guy.
    I think puns and simplicity work very well together, so your releationship with them is funny to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm one of the hundreds that don't often comment. I just want you to know that you INSPIRE me DAILY!!
    LOVE YOUR WORK! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute - my husband loves sheep, but not puns. I love 'em both (even though I, too, am a word nerd). Oh, and I totally get the loneliness thing, too -- I still don't know many stampers in real life, but y'all are so nice to come home to (on the computer!). Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Love the fuzzies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a kitchen full of sheep (pottery ones, would be smelly and crowded otherwise) so I just love this sweet little card... and a little pun never hurt anyone! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwwww, ain't that so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not really one for puns either but that sheep is super cute and needs that little pun.
    Polar flower soft is perfect for the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not into puns either but your use here with the fluffy sheep is so, so cute.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never saw this card before in my life, so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, I'm a word nerd myself. This card is very cute! I love all the white and that little bit of fluff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun, fluffy wool. I don't know that I've used puns on cards but I think this one is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!