Monday, April 4, 2011

CAS113 Color Challenge--Edited

The new CAS challenge at Splitcoast is to make a card with soft aqua, soft yellow, and white. LOVE this combination!


I've been playing with some Snow Storm white cardstock sent to me by Mark's Finest Papers. It's smooth like SU whisper white but feels heavier. It's definitely lighter than PTI's stamper's select white, but it holds up to making a card base very nicely, as you can see on this card. I'm going to order some of the Heavy Snow Storm white to check it out, too.

If you're a CAS stamper, you can never have too much white cardstock!

Thanks to everyone who left comments on Monday's post. It's fun and uplifting to read other people's responses to the doldrums. I think I will get rid of a bunch of paper...or at least clear it out of my craft room.

Also, for those of you who won blog candy during Little Things Week, the packages were mailed Monday for everyone except the Day 7 winners (still waiting on the dimensionals from SU). If you don't receive your package in a reasonable time (it's coming from Ohio), please let me know.


Edited to Add: Ooops! I incorrectly attributed the SU branch stamp. It's from Garden Silhouettes instead of Stem Silhouettes. Sorry about that!
Supplies
stamps: SU Garden Silhouettes, Anna Griffin sentiment
ink: cool caribbean, so saffron
paper: Mark's Finest white, SU cool caribbean
accessories: dimensionals, Martha Stewart bird punch

18 comments:

  1. Susan this is so beautiful and serene! LOVE that bird punch on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card, Susan - so simple but classy. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very delicate and eye-pleasing, I can see why you love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO gorgeous! LOVE the colors and your take on tit! I was just thinking about how much I used up my white card stock (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely color palette. Looking forward to getting my pen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aqua and soft yellow. two of my favourite colour combinations. Such a pretty card. thanks for sharing. curious how you finish the inside of the card. Keep creating you are awesome. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. First reaction? "oooooh". Really gorgeous card. I haven't used that combination before; I don't use yellow much. The way you talk about paper - I get it. I love that there are people who appreciate the nuances of paper smoothness and weight.

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Those colors are awesome. You'll love the Heavy Snow Storm CS--I think it makes *awesome* card bases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Susan, and I'd never have thought of putting aqua and pale yellow together. I don't have the bird punch, but the butterfly punch might do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and I BOTH live in Ohio. No wonder you have the Blahs! What a winter we have had! Will it never end????

    ReplyDelete
  11. GF You have balance down to a science!! Fabulous card~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is beautiful!! I agree with Vicki, your balancing is just perfect. I'm hoping it will rub off on me one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say the doldrums have left you!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful creation. Blue, yellow and white is one of my favorite color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are pretty colors! I may have to give that challenge a go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this card! As others have said, the colours, the way the elements are balanced... a joy to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well today your card leaves me smiling it's beautiful, what a fantastic colour scheme too :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!