Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday 50: Thankful for the Good Ol' Days

This week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge is sort of the opposite of the OLW49. We used new rubber last week, so this week, I want you to pull out an old rubber stamp (or photopolymer, if you prefer) that hasn't seen love in a while. Dust it off, ink it up, and make a one-layer Thank You card with it!



This is an old Anna Griffin floral stamp that I've had for at least seven or eight years. It's really not my style, but stamping anything in green works for me these days, and I love how this turned out with the brown sentiment. The sentiment is newer...from Hero Arts.

OLW50 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Pull out an old stamp that hasn't seen ink in a while, and make a thank you card with it! Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Post your card somewhere on the internet and link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. Most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!

Supplies
stamps: Anna Griffin, Hero Arts
ink: VersaMagic Chalk ink (tea leaves, jumbo java)
paper: PTI vintage cream
accessories: stamp positioner



19 comments:

  1. Lovely! What a great idea to use an old stamp. It can be so easy to forget what beauties we have tucked away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and love you card, that green is so earthy. Off to have a think and a rummage.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time on your challenge. Love your card, the green is fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, love your card, green's doing it for me too:0)
    Anna Griffin was one of the first influences of vintage designs that I encountered and I have a very soft spot for her stamps/style.
    Thank you for another great challenge, I'm off for a rummage, have a great day:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I love an excuse to pull out an old stamp. Now to decide which one! I love this green & brown combination.

    I've been enjoying your posts but haven't taken the time to comment on them. I especially enjoyed the post on the framed card. LOL, after a week of off center stamping and smudges, I can really appreciate that one! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you embrace your older stamps and even if it isn't your style, your card is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received my package today. Thank you for the stickles . . . I don't have those colours so I am H A P P Y!
    And I love your card . . . a lamp is perfect from you as you light the way for us!

    And this is a good challenge . . . hope to play this time round. Take out some neglected stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is a lovely stamp, and your card would be perfect as an Easter card! But where's the bling?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great CAS card! Could be used for so many occassions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. Reminds me of some Anna Griffin stamps I have from years ago that also had not seen ink. Must pull this out today. Thank you for this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Susan for a great challenge! Your card is so beautiful!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  12. yea, 50 challenges, congratulations and thanks again for this challenge(one of the easiest) and your great blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge Susan. Challenge #50, WOW...Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny ... I totally knew that was an Anna Griffin stamp and when I read what the challenge was I totally thought of my own Anna Griffin stamp that I bought years ago and have barely used. Can't wait to play this long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ladies, I'm joining in here for the first time! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great challenge Susan! I really had fun with it. Congrats on #50!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My week is NOT complete until I play in OLW! :) Thanks for continuing with this fabulous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made a card, but obviously I can't read, so it doesn't meet all the requirements, but here's a link anyway: http://homemadecardsbyerin.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-easter.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am posting after the close of the challenge, but I was so excited to find your challenge today and I decided to use it in combo with a color challenge. I was thrilled with the results, and I am so happy I discovered your blog.. Thanks for the inspiration,and I will be back again and again... Here is my creation:
    http://slanzalotto.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-layer-note.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!