Monday, April 18, 2011

PTI's Framed

A while back I promised a tutorial on using Papertrey's Framed set. I haven't forgotten and had intended to post it today, but I'm not happy with my solution for stamping that diabolically tricky set, seeing as five of the twelve samples I stamped didn't turn out well at all. Frustrating, yes, but I'm not giving up. No sir-ree. Not me. 'Cause I sniff an opportunity to go shopping for a giant gridded acrylic block, and I'll not declare defeat until I've exhausted all the options.

That's just the kind of blogger I am. 

So in the meantime, enjoy the fruits of my labor to date...the best card to come out of my experimenting:



See, this set CAN be stamped straight and without smudges!

Supplies
stamps: PTI Framed and Everyday Classics
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: rhinestones, post-its for masking

16 comments:

  1. I love it Susan!! It looks great to me and I love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and I just love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yow! Fantastic. Looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously bright and simple, love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking one for the team, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo for persistance! It paid off - a star card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! And I'm looking forward to the tutorial, as I've been thinking of that framed set ever since it came out. I have a hard time justifying it, though, since you've shown us how to do framed notecards with pen and ink. So I'll wait for that tutorial......and an excuse to buy the framed set. BTW, MS makes a great, heavy gridded acrylic block in a 4.5 x 6.5 size. I also made my own, by scratching a grid into my big block with a ruler and my paper piercing tool! Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo, well done, love it!
    I have to admit I have a large gridded block and I use it a lot but I still don't always stamp straight but that's down to me :{

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Susan.
    I wonder if the Fiskars stamping block/grid would work well for this set? It has four 'spongy' feet allowing you to line everything up and then pressing down and comes back up again with no smudging.
    I love the look of that set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Susan!! This is one of those all-purpose cards and a design to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! What an excellent CAS card! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, I have been seriously thinking about buying this framed set so I am naturally curious about why you find it so hard to use. Could you explain, pls.? I sure don't have your talent or experience with stamping....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!