Thursday, April 28, 2011

OLW51 Three of a Kind

When I read the OLW51 post Wednesday on Jennifer's blog, I collapsed in hysterical laughter. By entirely freaky coincidence, late Tuesday night when I could not sleep, I made a set of one-layer cards that vary the color but use the same stamps and layout. There are two each of three colors for a set of six. This is one of the options for Jennifer's OLW this week!

So there you are. I'm psychic.





These three cards are part of my NEW RESOLUTION. That's right. I finally settled on a follow-on for my Ues-Every-Image-Stamp resolution. Now, I'm going to use every set to make at least four different layouts. If the set has reasonable sentiments (as in, NOT kind thoughts, cherish, or puppies poop rainbows), I can only use those.

Doesn't that sound like a cool challenge? Well, it sounds cool to me.

The idea came to me when I realized how little I'd used this set (Papertrey's Paper Tray). It's a fabulous little set, one of the first Papertrey sold, and perfect for the graphic, clean style I love. So many sets have little stamps, like the line in this one, that aren't exactly images (more like elements) that I almost never use. Also, while most sentiments in the set are ones I don't use that often, the Happy Birthday, Thank You, and With Sympathy stamps just haven't been used enough.

The new resolution encourages me to make use of sentiments and those little elements in sets without mandating it. I don't want to be told what to do...even by myself, LOL!

So, I'm psychic and resolute. And I laugh at pears. Now you know everything about me.

22 comments:

  1. Puppies poop rainbows?! bahaahaa I love your new resolution!

    These cards are awesome. You always add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that YOU make these darling CAS cards, and they look darling. I make these CAS cards and they look like they are missing something? Sigh.....I'll never look at pears or rainbows without laughing out loud! Your cards are wonderful, as always! hmmm....psychic or psycho? lol...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, I will make and send you a card with the sentiment "puppies poop rainbows." It will make you laugh. There, I'm psychic, too ;)

    I love what that little line does for your design -- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful set of cards. Your cardmaking and psychic abilities are amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolution. I love this design...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Is there really a stamp out there that says "puppies poop rainbows"? It would sure be good for a laugh, especially for someone with a new puppy! Thanks for making me laugh with your pears and puppies! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So different! Leave it to you to use the mostly-ignored stamps in a stamp set. Those little nothing tiny things that we don't even think about using. You use them brilliantly! I love the way you've arranged them on this card. It's different, really clean, and so eye-catching. And the bit of bling is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards. So simple and yet so pretty. And I bet these three cards are much harder to make then one might think. You got the line and the sentiment absolutely perfect. I'd probably get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your resolution, Susan. And I wouldn't use "puppies poop rainbows" either, if I had that in a set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Puppies poop rainbows?? Wish they would, would look so prettier when they're left on the street! Nice resolution, I wondered how you were going to follow it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout for these cards! But you haven't linked them to the OLW yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so sweet!! Love the colors, and love how you make small elements LOOK so big and perfect in their space...you are amazing:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a such an artistic eye. All your cards are wonderful, these 3 are simple and great at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. C'mon, what's wrong with puppies poop rainbows as a sentiment? Although I'm partial to kaleidoscope kitty hairballs, myself. :D
    Wonderful set -- and look at that bling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great resolution! And I agree, the minute I find a sentiment that says puppies poop rainbows, you're getting a card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super stylish set of cards - love the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for a good laugh and a ton of inspiration...I LOVE the idea of using a simple sentiment and simple design and making several at a time. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ROTFLOL! With two dogs in my household I know that puppies can't poop rainbows even though they look like they can! Your cards and chit chat are always inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card design. I will definitely use the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan...how do you DO it! You take something as simple as a line and you create such a fabulous card! Love them all...and now I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a stylish design Susan and I love the three different colour ways :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. And she does it again! (The gorgeous cards, not the telepathy.)

    These are totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!