Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday 48: A Sympathetic Challenge

This week's One-Layer Wednesday Challenge is to make a sympathy card that does NOT include flowers or trees. For my card, I used Quilter's Sampler from Papertrey Ink.


Sympathy cards are uncomfortable to make, especially at the last minute, and I find it easier to have a few on hand. I took this chance to make several of this very clean and simple card for my stash.

OLW48 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a sympathy card that uses an image other than trees or flowers. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Upload your card online and link back to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink
ink: Memento Black
paper: PTI white
accessories: SU Markers



12 comments:

  1. This card is quite lovely, and I really like the sentiment .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely - the colours are perfect and the sentiment is super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a challenge as you naturally reach for the floral stamps for this theme.
    A beautiful card and such a lovely sentiment.
    Jennie X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Susan, Oh! yes every stamp I thought of was flowers:0)
    I love your card, so simple and very effective. Sympathy cards are difficult to get right, you've managed beautifully.
    Great challenge again, thanks :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No flowers? Aw, Geesh! I'm not sure I can do this! LOL! Not tonight anyway. I'll definitely have to browse all my stamps to see what I have that's suitable! Tough one, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. The sentiment and quilt block are so straight-forward and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Susan! Thanks for another lovely challenge! I´ve added mine!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a card - what an image to use for a sympathy card...I never would have thought of that....I would have gone for a leaf spray, a flower (especially PTI's LIly of the Valley) but why on earth not use this neutral image? Indeed - thanks for the idea...I have that stamp set and to be honest I have hardly used it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect sympathy card. I'll look forward to playing along when I get time later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No flowers, no trees -- that is a challenge. But then your card makes it look so obvious! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you make it any harder? LOL! This will be a challenge! Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great challenge and got me working on replenishing a sadly depleted stash. Your sample, as usual, is just lovely as are all the entries so far. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!