Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Memento Inks and MFP White Cardstock: Lovin' Them

First, I'll remind you that the OLW this week is over on Jennifer's blog. It's a good one so check it out!

Now, while I'm seeking to purge colored cardstock, I've stayed true to my love of the white card base and have expanded my white cardstock selection to include White Storm 100lb from Mark's Finest Papers. Now in addition to PTI white (thick cardstock with a bit of tooth) and Gina K white (perfect for one-layer Bic/Sharpie/Copic colored cards), I'm lovin' MFP's, which is lighter than PTI's (easier to fold, but not as thin as SU whisper white so a lovely card base for one layer). It also takes ink beautifully.

See?



Okay, so perhaps this distressed sentiment stamp from Hero Arts isn't exactly the best to show how nicely this paper takes ink, but really. It does. The blues are from Memento...an ink I'm lovin' so much. I liked the gradient blue look so much that I decided to try sunny colors. Gives the card a completely different feel, doesn't it?


So then, I just got nutty playing with color. Oh how fun this was!


Look through your stash and see what largish sentiments you have that could work with this idea. So easy and quick, yet so very, very cool!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (discontinued clear set)
ink: various Memento
paper: Mark's Finest
accessories: gridded acrylic block...a must in this case!

13 comments:

  1. Love the cards! So happy looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memento is my go-to ink every time. (I only have 2 colors, however.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! now to see if you can make five different cards with one colour of cardstock!! Maybe barely banana and summer sun could be a starting point!!!!!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea Susan, love the cards too:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely! So colorful, basic, easy, and CAS. Whipping out a bunch of these as notecards for a gift would be so easy to do, and so pretty to present! Thanks, too, for explaining your reasons for liking each of three different CSs. Good reasons, and satisfying my curiosity as to when you use each. I love PTI white, but it IS harder to fold. I might have to try some of the MFP and Gina K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun!! I've browsed through all the posts I've missed and I, like usual, love everything you've been up to!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun!! I've browsed through all the posts I've missed and I, like usual, love everything you've been up to!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the many colours that you used on the cards. I also use the Memento inks. They always work so well. Just an interesting finding I just had. I am running late but I still had to have my "Simplicity" fix. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gradient! What a great idea for a set of note cards.

    I also love that your stamp "misses" at the same spots that mine does, so that means it was meant to do that. I feel so much better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to try MFT's paper. Thanks for the info. Love your Bright/Sentiment cards. Memento ink have been my choice for a few years now. I wish they would make some "new" colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh what a fabulous idea. I gave myself a stomach ulcer trying to come up with a OLC using the sentiment as the focus.

    Your cards are always amazing. The best CAS cards I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing your idea.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab CAS cards . . . and sooooo many of 'em! LOL!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!