Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Hello That Works, and Jonah

Today's card says howdy in patriotic colors, so I'm sending it to Operation Write Home. It's always fun to use a large sentiment so very simply and still have it be punchy with color and a bit of heart-shaped bling!



The use of red horizontally on the bottom right and diagonally on the top left creates a nice balance, doesn't it? I did that on purpose. And it worked!

I'm always surprised when it does work, you know. Because sometimes, it doesn't.

Several people have asked about Jonah. He's doing okay as of last report, and has switched from weekly chemo to once every three weeks. He still has considerable belly pain at times, and they're working on getting his meds straightened out to help with that, as well as play therapy to help with the inevitable emotional issues from dealing with so much at such a young and vulnerable age. I cannot even imagine what he's going through...or his family.

I will continue to deliver cards to Jonah and his family as long as you send them. It's no trouble for me at all, and he's such a sweetie I'm happy to do whatever I can to help cheer him and his family through this difficult time. It might be fun for him to receive some Valentine's Day cards....

Just a thought!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink
ink: VersaColor
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: heart rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Bold and vibrant, Susan ... so striking! I'm intrigued as to why two hearts work so well ... maybe the red part of the sentiment acts as the third 'thing' for the rule of three? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay -- where did you cut the Hello???? I know you don't have a cutter ;) -- very well balanced card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Susan! The bold hello really pops, and I love the touches of red.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!