Monday, January 13, 2014

More Washi and a Punch

Today's card combines some of my new washi tape and an old punch.


I noticed several cards in old magazines (and maybe a new one, but I don't remember) that used die cut labels hanging off the card like this, and I wanted to give it a try. Since I don't have a die cut machines, I checked out my punches. The curviest label punch is pretty small, so that allowed me to leave lots of white space. Yay!

Speaking of magazines, I cancelled my subscription for Paper Crafts magazine today. The devastating news that they were no longer printing the magazine made me sad, and after I spent about 45 minutes trying to access the new online issue without success (and sent an email to customer service without response), I gave up.

My hope is that the rest of you have had more success than I had. I have enjoyed that magazine for such a long time, and now, it's gone, except for special issues. Change stinks.

On the other hand, two more cards came in for Jonah today, and that made me very happy!!!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Mega Mixed Messages
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: washi tape, EK Success label punch, rhinestone, dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Susan, this card is so cool that I am definitely going to have to CASE it. I just hope I have a sentiment to fit the label punch I have :) I cancelled my Papercrafts magazine subscription the minute I heard it was going digital. I like PAPER magazines. For me, too, this was not a good change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards you've been sharing. I only had a few more issues left on my subscription and after much screaming (from me) and shouting (at them via email) I finally got it to work. But I haven't liked much of what I've seen so will be glad when the subscription has finished. Hate digital magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Not a big fan of washi tape (bought a pile and there it sits) but I love how you have used on this card. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also used to get the paper craft magazine and had no luck with the computer version so i called and got my money back. miss the monthly issue in the mail with tons of ideas. yes change is not always good, for me at least. love the card today . keep up the blog i read it daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Pinterest as a brand new, designed-just-for-me, stamp magazine that is NEW everyday. I have cancelled all magazine subscriptions and feel I get many more ideas (card ideas as well as recipes, and other subjects that appeal to me) than any magazine ever could offer! Case in point, I back tracked a card that I loved to your blog. Now, I get to learn about design from you and you have answer SO many questions for me! My brain has always begged the question, "is their a formula for good design?" and, yes, you answer that for me ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan -
    Neat card! I really enjoy your clean & simple style.
    I have let my subscription to Papercrafts lapse. When I heard that they were going digital, I sent an email to Customer Service who did reply saying they had passed my message on to the appropriate department (I think Subscription) and, of course, that was the last I heard. I, too, want a magazine that I can hold in my hands and take with me to the cottage in the summer (no internet there!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!