Monday, July 21, 2014

Another for the Blue at Heart

Operation Write Home usually requests missing-you cards, and I just love using blue and hearts for these. And when something like this simple and perfect pops out of my head, there's generally squealing involved. (Although it took a few tries to get it right....)



To make this, I used the large and medium solid hearts from Papertrey's Heart Prints and then added a Sharpie-colored heart-shaped rhinestone to the middle. The inks are Hero Arts cornflower and denim, layered onto a one-layer card.

Simple, sincere, and sweet...suitable for a man or woman to send.

I wish I had some design insight into this card, but I'm too tired. A day at Rehoboth Beach on the coast of Delaware was exhaustingly fun. We even saw dolphins!

May your July be as much fun as mine has been.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Heart Prints, Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
ink: Hero Arts cornflower, denim; Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Copic marker, clear heart rhinestone

4 comments:

  1. The image is a perfect reflection of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just catching up on my emails after a road trip from Colorado through NC and up the coast to Philadelphia, where I am right now. Turns out we were in DE and very close to Rehoboth Beach on Tuesday as well. We were going to go to Rehoboth, but they don't allow dogs so we went to a beach at Cape Henlopen State Park instead. It would have been amazing if we would have seen you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!