Saturday, July 26, 2014

Holiday Sentiments, Part 5

I saved the card with the most white space for last. Just 'cause that's how I roll.

Up to this point, the cards in Parts 1-4 were made exclusively with stamps from Holiday Sentiments. No matter how fully functional a stamp set is on its own, however, don't forget to check your stash for other stamps to work with it.

As I stared at the smaller word stamps in the Clearly Besotted set, I realized that the "peace on earth" sentiment could benefit from an actual earth image.




Oh, yeah. I love how that font looks with the lines on the globe image. That's a very, very cool coincidence since the earth image is from Masculine Motifs by Papertrey Ink...different company, different theme altogether.

Think outside the set.

And that concludes this series on Clearly Besotted's Holiday Sentiments. As I said yesterday, this set is incredibly easy to work with. I came up with all five cards very quickly, with next to no hard thinking, and with shockingly few missteps. Pushing harder will no doubt yield a very good crop of creativity!!!

It's always exciting when a new purchase justifies itself in a first inking. I wish--sincerely, truly wish--that I could crack the code and make all my purchases so satisfying. I'm better than I used to be, but there are still those purchases that leave me wondering what in the name of little juicy ink pads I was thinking!

Do you have sets that "clicked" with your style easily? Do you have criteria by which you purchase new sets that minimize buyer's remorse? Please do share!

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted Holiday Sentiments
ink: VersaColor/VersaMagic
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: corner rounder, circle punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. love the idea of using non Christmas stamps this way. I wish I could say I have criteria for picking out sets that will click with me that is fool proof. I like to be able to imaging using it in a few different ways and that it fills a bit of a gap in the arsenal, but I'm not always successful. Sometimes great sets just don't work for me.

    Love the card. Sadly, a sentiment that is always needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish every stamp I bought really clicked with me... I'm starting to think I should get you to buy my stamps for me - LOL!! Love how you stretched your stamps in making this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to become more picky when purchasing new stamps, since I have hoarded quite a few stamps in the past couple of years without having (or taking) sufficient time to have a play with them. One reason is that I tend to buy in bulk to avoid excessive overseas shipping costs and I get greedy when I see Design Team members showing new releases. Another reason is that I'm still searching for my own signature style. I'm now trying to organise my supplies so that I can keep a clear head and start creating. Wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved that globe image and have managed to resist this set....until now! Thanks Susan!! Lol! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!