Friday, July 18, 2014

Use Your Smooch Again: Pointillism

Before I started my "Use Your Smooch" series, I made a list of possible ideas for using Smooch, and once I got started, I forgot all about the list.

I found it.

And there was an idea that was too good to pass up. It was easy, much quicker than expected, and turned out so nicely, I just have to share it.

Pointillism.

I'm no fine artist, so my pointillist experiment keeps things nice and simple...a blue heart for a missing you card for Operation Write Home.

Let's start with a heart template. I used my Fiskar's ShapeCutter template to pencil a heart on a piece of card stock.


See. It's a simple shape and not too big.




Next, fill in the shape with dots of two shades of Smooch. I used light and dark blue because being away from your family gives you the blues.

Once the shape is filled in, LET IT DRY COMPLETELY!!!! Then, erase the pencil marks and cut or punch it out. I used a large heart punch rather than the ShapeCutter because it's easier to punch than to use the UFO. Also, I liked the look of a white border around the blue heart.

Next, create a ground for the punched shape on a card base. I went with a simple, straight-line border.

Again, LET THE SMOOCH DRY COMPLETELY BEFORE ERASING THE PENCIL GUIDE MARKS!!!!!!!!

Seriously.

Then, mount your pretty--yet somehow sad--blue heart on the line, stamp a sentiment, and you've made a perfect card for OWH!



Yay, pointillism!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Simple Little Things (sentiment)
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Smooch, dimensionals, heart template, heart punch, pencil, eraser

7 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!