Friday, July 25, 2014

Holiday Sentiments, Part 4

In my quest to stack the stamps in Holiday Sentiments from Clearly Besotted, I felt compelled to push the bounds of my usual minimalist style.

I also wanted to play with my new inks from Impress:



The talented enabler Erin Taylor told me to buy these quick-drying pigment inks. She actually told me to buy a few more colors, and I plan to take her advice. Fresh Ink is fabulous. Where has it been all my life? Never mind.

I'm happy I don't know all the great products out there. That way, there's always something new to discover.

Thanks, Erin, for enabling a new ink passion!

I stacked in shades of wonderful green to give the effect of a Christmas tree. This shape is simply perfect, and the flourished tree stand makes me so happy.




This card is two layers because I was worried I'd mess up with so much stamping, so I stamped on a card back salvaged from a failed card. Turned out to be a good thing, because my stacked tree was slightly off-center. I trimmed it to line up better and mounted it on a white card base.

There's still enough white space to make me happy, plus the image is made with words. Words are good. I love words.

Bet you didn't know that about me.

Yeah. Right.

Just one more card to share in this series, but rest assured that Holiday Sentiments will continue to provide me with crisp, clean Christmas cards for years to come.

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted Holiday Sentiments
ink: Impress Fresh Ink
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, dimensionals

12 comments:

  1. I am so glad you took my advice and picked up some Fresh Ink! Aren't they fabulous? All those yummy colors. :)

    Your card is STUNNING! Stacked sentiments is something I am definitely going to try. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this card really catches your attention. The greens are beautiful and work so well together. I would never have thought to combine them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Susan! What a great way to use those sentiments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, fresh ink is amazing. It is the same as A Muse and several other companies, I think. The card is fabulous!! Glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gogeous card. The different shades of green look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of these inks Susan. I do love how you used the three shades for a monochromatic look and the tree shape is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super design work. Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loved all of your cards this week using this set!! Impressive how well they stand alone, need no imagery and yes are so beautiful with just a sprig of holly...or not!! TFS! You rocked this set girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just what I need more ink - sheesh. I have been to this actual store - it is very fun! I will check out the ink next month as I will be there again. Meanwhile terrific use of the shades and stamps~ you are a walking [talking] advertisement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah thanks to the link of Erin too - WOW what an amazing stamper!

      Delete
  10. Fresh ink is one of my favorites as well. You might take a look at A·muse Inks - some lovely colors there and the ink is virtually identical to Fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is getting pinned! One of my favorite cards that you've ever done --- so that says a lot because you never cease to amaze me with your less is more creativity --- and such a perfect example of a happy little opportunity to turn a possible flop into a masterpiece! Can you tell me where you found the Fresh Inks and what you like about them --- maybe in a future post?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!