Monday, July 28, 2014

Another Thank-You Set and Some Words on Ink

As I've mentioned before, my sister-in-law Angela and her husband Mike are coming this weekend to watch my boys while I go to the Stephen Ministry Leadership Training Course. I made a set of thank-you cards for Angela and now it's her husband's turn.

He's an Ironman like George. He likes bikes. A lot. So I made a set of nine cards in three colors featuring...a bike.





Masculine colors, a road, and a bike. I think Mike will appreciate these!

And now, some unsolicited and unpaid words on ink....

I have covered inks on my Favorite Products page and stand by all I say there. Now, however, I have a new quick-drying pigment ink to add to the list of favorites: Impress Fresh Ink. This ink is a lovely, rich ink that works extremely well with clear stamps. It offers great coverage, a wide range of colors, and juicy pads that aren't over-inked (a problem I've noticed with some brands that leads to goopy images).

I only have three colors right now, but my birthday is coming up in a few months. My hubby will definitely be widening my color options for me.

If I can wait that long.

And that's all I have to say about that.

For now.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (bike, ribbon), Clearly Besotted (sentiment)
ink: VersaColor, VersaMagic
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: none

3 comments:

  1. awesome cards and love that ink also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done - cool masculine look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susan,
    Pittsburgh PA is my old stomping grounds as it were. If you get the opportunity, be sure to eat at Primanti Brothers, visit Heinz Chapel, and take a look at PPG Place, (glass castle) where I used to work. Enjoy your visit there-it is a wonderful city. Also notable are Station Square, and all of the South Side.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!