Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Using a Couple of Toni's Die Cuts

Toni and Joyce were kind enough to send me a bunch of die cuts...since I have neither dies nor a die cut machine. I started playing around with Toni's set the other day and came up with this pretty-in-pastels card!





I deliberately made the popped piece just a tiny bit smaller than the grass, so blades would hang off the edge. Too much overhang, and the card is too delicate for practical use. But just a bit adds interest.

BTW, the yellow is softer than my photo editing software would allow...not so lemon-y, more butter-y.

I loved the soft colors on the textured card stock, but the card needed a little something to balance it out and add some bling. In my Yellow Embellishment Drawer, I found a little baggie with Swarovski crystals in it. They are so pretty and iridescent!



Many thanks again to both Toni and Joyce for sending these for me to play with! I'm having so much fun!


Supplies
paper: no idea
accessories: Swarovski crystals, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to have the grass cut extending past the top panel, Susan. Love the hello die and the crystals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!