Tuesday, July 8, 2014

OLS#7: Wave the Flag

We're taking a sorta kinda break from Smoochin' to play along with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge hosted by Heather this month: Wave the Flag. We're supposed to make a card inspired by our country's flag.

I'm all over this. I made three one-layer cards inspired by the good ol' Stars and Stripes of the United States of America!

First up. No stamping, just bling. So fun! You have no idea how happy this card makes me.



Next up...stars embossed on a Smooched background (see, I worked the Smooch into this post!). I masked the edges of the card with washi tape and then sponged Smooch over the whole exposed area. After letting it dry completely, I used the embossing buddy (a fabric bag full of chalk, basically) to pre-treat the area, and then I stamped and embossed the stars and sentiment from Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments set. It still needed a little something after that, so I added some of the star bling.


Finally, I used my new MFT set to create a red-white-and-blue, postage-themed love card for Operation Write Home. Sandy at OWH says that the troops request more love cards than they get, so I'm trying to fill the need!



I hope you'll play along with the OLS challenge this month! It's so much fun to wave your flag!


8 comments:

  1. love all 3. each one is clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I particularly like the last one. These are perfect for OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Susan, Oh yes number 1 has my heart too, lovely cards again, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that flag with blue stars and red dots! perfectly simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each card is so eye catching, Susan. I love the confined area of bling in the first one, all that smoochy background in the second but I think the third is my favourite because you combined those different shapes, words and patterns so expertly.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all the cards are great, but the flag is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bling card makes me happy and I'm not even American! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, love the blingy one. Super cute impressionist flag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!