Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dome Sticker Fun

Every now and then, it's fun to play with an embellishment you hardly ever use. I saw a sheet of dome stickers in my neutral-colored embellishment drawer and thought it was time to use some of them. Here's what happened.

4.25" square card

First, I stamped a piece of scrap paper with a largish circle stamp in Ancient Page Neptune and Memento Pear Tart. Then, I stamped the bird and flower (from Technique Tuesday's One of a Kind set) in Memento Espresso Truffle, punched out 3/4" circles, and mounted the dome stickers over the circles.

Tip: to get the bird and flowers attractively arranged under the dome, I stamped very large circles of color, then the images. To punch, I turned the punch upside down and centered the images where I wanted them. This eliminates the need for precise stamping yet yields perfect results. Love that!

Then, aligning the dome and punched circle is easy using your finger tips. Hold the dome sticker (with the dome toward your palm) in the fingertips of one hand and push the punched circle into the circle of your fingertips. The pads of your fingers will guide the paper right onto the dome sticker nicely. It'll stick perfectly centered every time.

The "happy" definition is from a Hero Arts clear set called Dictionary Greetings, and it's stamped in Espresso Truffle. The stamped panel is 2.75" square, and the mat is 3" square.

I just love the pops of stylish color on the side!

A totally non-stamping related tidbit...I gave the cookies to the students today, and they gave me a wonderful handmade book with a thank-you note and artwork from each student. Jack presented the book to me and read his note, which included a request for me to be the room helper again next year. When I thanked him and said that yes, I would, the whole class cheered...except for one of the fifth graders who will be moving to another building. She yelled in despair, "I won't be heeeeeeeeeere!!!!!"

That made me feel good. So did lots of hugs.

The teacher gave me a gift card to Michael's. That made me feel good, too. ;-)

Supplies
stamps: Technique Tuesday One of a Kind, Hero Arts Dictionary Greetings, random circle stamp
ink: Memento, Ancient Page
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: 3/4" circle punch, dome stickers, glue

7 comments:

  1. Great idea Susan! I believe I have some lurking somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely - that reception was well worth all that effort. You newest card is too - I love the fact that you have the ideas and the werewithall to enact them - just like that! I know I have those domes so will probably now just CASe you somehow! The colours just pop off the page and the whole thing zings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day, Susan ... to love and be loved back again ... can't beat it! I came across some premade multicoloured dome stickers the other day and was wondering what I was going to do with them ... thanks for the splendid inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be validated by the kids!

    Love the subtle color those dome stickers add - looks terrific

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT!

    Have a happy shopping trip to Mikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew your day with the kids would be a good one, just from the post you wrote about them and your interaction with them. Hugs are good, huh? You picked two perfect colors for the dome stickers. Very nice, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!