Friday, May 10, 2013

Gift Set and a Card Received


I made the first two cards today as part of a set of 8 to give to a friend as a farewell gift. She's moving to Canada, and I hope she will use the cards to stay in touch with her friends here in Ohio.




They use two stamps from the Gina K set Hello Sunshine, and each is accented with a touch of Crystal Stickles. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Peaceful Garden.

The final card was made by the oh-so-talented Heather Telford and sent to me with the sweetest note inside. Squeeee!!!


Gorgeous Card by Heather Telford, so please disregard that
copyright notice!

I just love that gorgeous watercolor she did...all those shades and brilliant colors!!! This work of art will stay on my inspiration board for a very long time! You can read how she made this on her blog post HERE. But I have the real thing, people. The real thing!!!

To all the mothers out there, have a very Happy Mother's Day! To everyone, have a very wonderful weekend.

Supplies
stamps: Gina K, Papertrey
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: Stickles, clear notecard box from Papertrey to hold the set of 8 cards and envelopes

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, Susan. Thanks for always inspiring me that less is more! As for a card from Heather.....OMG! I would have fainted dead-away at the mailbox! What a lucky lady you are, and that card is beyond squeeeee gorgeous! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful Susan, so elegant! Wow, how lucky to receive a card from Heather, her work is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always knock it out of the park, Susan. If I may ask a design question: how is it that the side sentiment grounds the flowers so they don't appear to be floating? Is it simply the fact the sentiment exists, and not the placement that matters?

    Inquiring minds......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always an inspiration, hun. I'm trying to get my head round CAS and your blog is so instructive! Thank you!!

    Your cards here are lovely, and so is Heather's - the umbrellas are just gorgeous!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, P, I wanted the focus to be on the flowers, not a bigger sentiment. (The hello is neutral and so these cards could be used for a variety of purposes.)But to keep the tiny sentiment from getting lost, I had to place it uniquely. Sideways in line with the stems worked best, plus it sorta gets the sentiment close to the "sweet spot" in the lower right third of the card. I hadn't thought about it until you asked, but it does sort of "ground" the flowers, placed so low on the stems.

    Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the lovely card set you made. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of your gift cards they are just so beautiful CAS and so stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's day to you too MF. Love your wonderful cards especially those flowers. Sure hope your friend likes living up here in Canada. We are a very friendly bunch ya know.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!