Thursday, May 9, 2013

OLW139

Oh how I love this save. In trying to make a standard card, I made a mess. Y'all know how it goes...you add that one little thing that is too much. TOO MUCH!

Staring at it in frustration, I suddenly had an epiphany. If I cut the card down to 3" x 3", it would be perfect for Cheryl's OLW139 Challenge! I just love it when a non-plan comes out even better than the plan!




This is yet another card using brand new stamps. These are from Gina K's set Hello Sunshine.

I'll admit I was hesitant to order a set that costs so much but really liked it and decided to give it a go. SO GLAD I DID!!! This set is incredibly versatile and well-designed, and it's lovely for CAS cards. The sentiments are useful and well-thought-out, too.

Just remember that clear stamps often must be conditioned before use. That just means rubbing them vigorously with a white eraser, cleaning well, and then stamping. Memento and other dye inks will pool on them otherwise, and leave your images looking blotchy.

The color combination here makes me so happy: lavender, sprout, and pale yellow. The colors are from Memento, but to get the pale yellow, I had to off-stamp and huff the yellow.

Supplies
stamps: Gina K Hello Sunshine
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: corner rounder

14 comments:

  1. Total love. Yum, yum, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i really like this little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...so pretty, Susan. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!. I find that if I ink up new stamps with versamark first, then that works too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, nice stamps, lovely colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delight, Susan ... what a fabulous non-plan! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the colours and this stamp set looks very versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always admire your one layer creations...and what a great save! I also wish I could stamp in "colors" and have it turn out as beautiful as yours. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, commenter above me. or somewhere on here, I DO know what you mean about stamping in color. mine don't turn out very well either, i was considering the other day...why do i have all 48 colors of SU ink pads? I rarely stamp an image with them. I do seem to use some but i really don't know how, off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I like what you've created with this Gina K. set. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!