Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fun with Repetition and Scale

The CASual Friday's set Wish Big has some fabulous stamps in different sizes. It's fun to play with layouts that use the scale of the stamps effectively. It's even more fun to use the stamps the same number of times on each card.

The magic number is, of course, three.

Let's start with three of the small border stamp...with lots of white space and happy bright colors. Note the bling matches the ink colors for a clean and simple effect. Yum!




Next, let's move to the medium border, with two colors in a symmetrical arrangement. There's less room for white space, and the simpler color scheme works well. Bling still matches the ink color.




Finally, let's use the big single stamp, repeated three times, with the same pattern of color as the medium stamp border.  To add interest, I used only hot pink bling, even on the orange images. Subtl different, but so much fun!




Do you have a favorite? Why? How can you have fun with repetition and scale using stamps you already own?

Make Monday FUN!

And don't forget about the OLW and the Give-Away of a Waltzingmouse Set!!!!

Supplies
stamps: CASual Fridays Wish Big, Papertrey Birthday Basics
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: various rhinestones

13 comments:

  1. they are all nice and bright, but my favorite is the last one. no reason, just jumps up fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the last one. I like the all-pink bling which adds some variation vs. matching the orange. But really, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all 3. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all three gorgeous, but I think my favorite is the last one. I love the combination of pink and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See now you have made me buy more stamps! These are just so perfect, can't choose my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with many of the others, the last one with the pink and orange is hands down A WINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous. Love the simplicity. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't really have a favorite. They are all great. Lately, it seems I'm always seeing stamp sets online with the same images in varying sizes and I really like how they can be used. Since it appears in this set you used that the two smaller images are border stamps that really makes it easy to do the repetition. I would like to try it, but, in my seemingly huge (at least to me) stamp collection I can't think of any sets that would lend themselves to something like this. :( But, I'm always trying (not always succeeding) to look at my stamps with more creative eyes so maybe I'll come up with something. Today my plan is to die cut and maybe stamp some hexagons... sure hope I can get the CAS design I'm seeing in my head to work on the card! LOL! It will all depend on the size of my hexagon dies. Fingers crossed. If it works, there will be some repetition of hexagons so maybe that's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous designs! My favourite is the first one as I like the fresh colours.
    I visit your blog for some time now and love the inspiration and especially the practical tips you have for us readers.
    I had my first go at CAS and was quite pleased with the result though it doesn't even come near your creations. But I already have lots of ideas for further attempts. Only now I have to buy some good ink first which goes well with my new clear stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all fabulous, my favorite (just at the moment!) is the last one ... colours, bling, impact, white space ... stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I noticed you centered the sentiment on the 2nd and 3rd cards, but right-aligned the sentiment on the first card. Is that due to the smaller scale of the sentiment (like it would get lost floating in the middle)? Or "just because" with no specific design reason?

    I always learn so much from you, and it seems there is a rule at play here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hard pushed to pick my favourite, but if my life depended on it - I would go with the third one, like the trio of bigger images :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE what you did with the Bold Wish Stamp set!!The added little blings are the perfect touches! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!