Friday, May 31, 2013

My MIL's Birthday Card

Well, camera battery recharged without a hitch. I'm awesome. Or not.




The punches are my new Martha Stewart hydrangea punches, which look so lovely layered in colored card stock. I've purged so much colored card stock lately, it's a miracle there's still some to work with. Oh, wait. I had a million pieces of card stock, so if I purged, let's say, 75%, that means I still have 250,000 sheets.

But I was an English major. Maybe I did the math wrong.

The card stock is Papertrey...I think they are terracotta tile (or maybe canyon clay...not sure) and melon berry. They are among my mother-in-law's favorite colors, so she's getting this card for her birthday.

At first, I only had the large flower on here, but it looked too plain. So I added the two small ones, moving them around until I found a nice balance.

Those hydrangea punches are DA BOMB.

Have a lovely weekend!

Supplies
stamps: Gina K (sentiment, Hello Sundshine), Hero Arts (background, discontinued)
ink: Memories Sand, Archival Ink Sepia
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: Martha Stewart punches, glue pen, light brown half pearls



12 comments:

  1. Very nice colors. You put the punches to good use :). LOL at your card stock comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colours myself and well done flashing those punches! Your flowers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely design. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...it figures the background stamp would be discontinued, because that's what I love the most!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card--I like the block of color especially. Martha Stewart Punches: I really like her punches--they punch thin paper without sticking, unlike my other punches. I have a Cuttlebug and some dies, but I still find I can grab a punch and punch one or multiple shapes faster than I can get the same amount done with my bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, Susan :) Love how the sentiment colour blends right in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely- really beautiful card. And I love your colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I were a M-I-L, I'd be thrilled to get a card like this. I, too, am drawn to the background stamp. You did a beautiful job with the hydrangeas. They added just the right touch. So glad you got your stupid camera back in line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen, Susan! It makes me oh! so happy just looking at it - thanks for starting out my day with lots of smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since the grandkiddies broke my camera three years ago, I just haven't had a real one. I've been relying on my iphone, which seems to do alright. Your card is gorgeous. Truly something a mil would love. That punch is cool. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color combo and design of this card, Susan! Loving those sweet flowers, too...I'm sure your MIL is going to really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!