Thursday, June 3, 2010

Buyer's Remorse

I have a lot of Papertrey Ink stamp sets, yet very few have sent me into buyer's remorse. This is amazing because I have many more regrets from other stamp companies. My regrets are my own fault for getting too excited about something novel without really thinking through how it will fit into my style and tastes.

Three that I probably should not have purchased from PTI are the monogram sets (two alphabets and a set of circle and square frames for monograms). They are perfectly lovely sets in the hands of other stampers, but for me, well, not so much. Y'all have asked me to share ideas for monogram cards, and frankly, I just can't do it. Sorry about that, but sadly, they're just not my thing.

But I bought the sets, so I have to use them, and today I'm showcasing the squares from the frame set.



Let's start with an elegant little number that uses the medallion from the Fall Elegance set, some brown half-pearls, and the ticket punch so loathed by Krystie Lee and loved by me.


Then I went with butterflies and bling. Hard to go wrong with butterflies and bling. The sponging turned out a bit dark, but I like it anyway. The sentiment is from Mixed Messages. Oh, the mask for this square was cut over a year ago. I keep masks together with sets so I don't have to cut them out again. When I saw I'd already cut a mask for this stamp, it was such a relief!


But my favorite is this one...a clean and simple treatment with fun colors and one little bit of bling. That flower is from Honey Bees, and the sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages.

So even though I still regret the purchase, I am making the best of it.

And now on a slightly different note, please check out my post on Questioning my Intelligence about creativity. I'd love to read your comments on it.

20 comments:

  1. You should have no regrets... you made these stamps sing! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards! One of these days I might make cards again.....
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are fantastic! I have those sets also, and I don't think that any of them have seen ink. Great ideas for the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant one, beautiful one, and cute one... all cards are fabulous.
    I really like visiting here. I'm learning from your creations about what the CAS is, what the simplicity is, and what the beauty is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent cards! You may have just given me ideas needed to use my PTI Boxes, Bags and Tags set which sits unused in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have the PTI monograms, but I do have my fair share of Just Rite monograms...unused....but you've given me great ideas. As always, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, you certainly made those "work"!! They are beauties. My fav is the first one --- yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The third one is my favorite, also:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I began reading, I thought, "Oh goody, she's gonna license getting rid of our mistake-purchases." Instead we have to "make the best of it"? Then I look over to the right side-bar where 30.Diane J.'s Challenge-post "makes the best of" the first poly stamp I had intended to trash TODAY! How could I trash a stamp that makes such cute sheep?
    Add all the inspiration you generated with your "make the best of its " today and trashing is now out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these! The first one is so elegant (don't listen to Krystie Lee, LOL), and the third is so cheerful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 5 0r 6 PTI sets UNOPENED! I KNOW! But I agree, I buy stuff in the heat of the moment, and often regret it. I think this is one of those sets. You did a fine job making them fit your style, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you go to the gal's site above named Torico, she's got a beautiful card with a monogram on it - bet you'd like it. Love all of these and I have this set. How do you get the squares centered so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all 3 Susan! I like how you used stamps from several sets together - I often forget to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect trio of lovely cards to help get past buyer's remorse. I'm surprised you don't do monograms. You do everything else so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these cards are awesome. i love them all. clever and fun and smiley to my face!!
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to believe you regret buying those stamps because you created such lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait, did you not do a few wonderful monogram cards a while back??? Doesn't matter, these non-monogram cards are gorgeous, and just LOOK at those coloured card bases! :P Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too funny. I own a zillion alphabet sets, love 'em all, and can't think up a monogram card to save my soul. If there is a monogram hell, I'm goin' there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all - hope I never have to pick a favorite! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the freshness of the last one, very funky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!