Saturday, June 26, 2010

Textual Butterflies

As many of you know, I love all things textual, so SU's A to Z, which is a background stamp, just had to come live at my house. Marrying the alphabet with butterflies just seems natural to me.


This card took an embarrassing amount of time to make. I wanted to keep the card clean and simple, with the focus clearly on the three butterflies, but matting them on cameo coral (the ink color) looked strange. When I used just one layer of white mat, they looked better, but still were missing something, so I layered the white mats again, and decided that did it. White on white on white doesn't always work, but here I think it does!

Supplies
stamps: SU A to Z
ink: cameo coral
paper: PTI white
accessories: various square punches, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), rhinestones

17 comments:

  1. this works bigtime...especially like the larger mats/butterfly flanked by the slightly smaller mats/butterflies...love symmetry and this sure fits the bill
    blessings
    patti moffett

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant! Not many people would have tried white on white on white, and fewer would have pulled it off. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card....you have done will with the whites!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, making card like this will take more and more time. I might change and change the mat. Well, white on white on white is simply clean, neat and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you said "textual", I saw "sexual". I guess my text skills need some upgrading!(but I've never read through your post so quickly, trying to get to the juicy bits!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, it works! Another ingenious idea, dear friend!!! Reminded me that I got a new stamp at Collinsville that I haven't used yet!!! It's 'textual'!!! Great card, Susan, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo....I like!!! A definite HIT - right outta the ballpark! I think I can do this too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, totally feminine, but not "girly" if you kwim...

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read "white on white on white", I thought, Oh kripes now Susan's gone and done it, made a card I'm gonna hate!

    I think the center square being larger than the others hate-proofs it, and I'm shocked and amazed I actually love the white on white on white.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing concept - your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm, white on white on white is awesome!! I would have never thought of it!! thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! :)
    Better than lovely.. stunning! :)
    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the white on white on white. :) Perfect way to draw extra attention to the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!