Sunday, June 6, 2010

Matchbook Card

Sigh.

You would NOT believe how much paper I wasted to get to this card for the EONAC fold challenge. I think I made five (or perhaps six?) before getting something I actually liked. Frankly, I'm in serious need of a break from pink. Three of the failures were pink. Pink, pink, pink. Bleck.

So here's the best I could do. I can live with it--happily--because it is cleaner and simpler than any of my other efforts. And it's not pink.



To make the card, cut a 4" by 11" piece of PTI white cardstock. Then score at 5" and 10". Then cut 5/8" off the end opposite the 1" flap. That way, you can fasten the 1" flap with the brads and still tuck the 4 3/8" stamped flap into it.

If this doesn't make sense, try it with a piece of copy paper. It's way harder to explain than to do.

Now yes, the ugly brad butts are exposed on the back of the matchbook, but a simple strip of cardstock glued over them will hide them nicely.

The gemstone brads are sooooo pretty....and soooo bulky. So this will go to a neighbor as a hand-delivered card. She's very girly and will love this blingy floral creation!

---------------

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and had a chance to make beautiful things. What a blessing it is to have time to create! If you haven't checked out last week's post on Questioning my Intelligence called Creator's High, please do so. And please take time to read the comments because they are better than my essay!

Supplies
stamp: Hero Arts (flower), PTI Simple Little Things (sentiment)
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: ScorPal, rhinestone brads

13 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your posts of yesterday and today on the different folds...never think to go there. These all have been great cards and wonderful inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card.... the bling is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely. Will try this on copier paper, first. Good tip on covering up the stems of the brads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning little creation!! I've just spent 3 hours on a card that ended in the bin!!!! I'm really much happier with simple cards these day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome bling! and I agree with the pink - blech!! I don't work very often with that color either. Must be from having boys!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In general, Donelda, I don't object to pink. It's guilty by association this time because it was on so many failed cards. Sigh.

    And Ardyth...please don't forget that I'm a dirty-minded English major, and if the brad butts are legs, then brads are promiscuous little things, always spreading them like they do.

    Sorry, can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, you crack me up! Now, everytime I open a brad, I will laugh out loud thinking of them as spreading legs!!! lol... Your card is beautiful - lovin' that bling! I enjoy making matchbook cards - you can put post it notes, Ghiradelli candies, etc., inside for a nice treat! Great card-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to really enjoy using brads.

    This sweet little card would look good in any color!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I just LOVE the bling and how elegant this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought MY mind was the weirdest ever, but spreading-legs-brads? You take the cake!

    Thanks for all that measuring. A matchbook fold is exactly what I needed for a large group of masculine cards I'm about to make.

    Love that flower stamp!

    Thanks for doing the hardest part for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way your mind works, had a great laugh and will never be able to look at brads in quite the same way again. Beautiful card in blue, pink, any colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, thank you kindly for always a smile in the morning, and a nice dose of eye candy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brad butts -- HA! And after the amount of paper I added to my scrap bin to create my OLW7, I hear you on the creating of this. But at the end you created another perfect card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!