Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thank You, Angela!

Angela, aka angelahath at SCS, sent me a RAK a while back, and WOW! In the envelope I found a bunch of die cuts to play with. Yippy! There were four butterflies, and I originally planned to use three on one card but changed my mind at the last second and went super-clean instead.


It's amazing how the color change affects the tone of the whole card. First up is pink and girly and happy with black pearls and on PTI white cardstock.


Here we have elegant and sophisticated, with silver shimmer and black pearls on PTI white cardstock.


Third is au naturale, with kraft and brown pearls on PTI's vintage cream cardstock.


Finally, we get stylishly understated pea green and brown pearls on PTI's vintage cream cardstock.

Four cards using all the same elements but each with a different personality. Thanks, Angela, for making these possible!

Stay tuned for the next five days for five small give-aways. Details will be up tomorrow morning! Oh, I'm so excited!

Supplies
stamps: PTI Birthday Basics
ink: Palette noir and dark chocolate
paper: PTI white and vintage cream
accessories: die cuts, dimensionals, pearl

20 comments:

  1. Love all the variations and how they change the feel of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting how color affects both mood and style of a card. Thanks for showcasing them together so the differences are easily recognized
    Blessings
    Patti moffett
    Verification word. Clorsani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a difference color makes. Very interesting!

    Word Verif: pothro. Jethro's brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - that's me! I'm glad you found such a fun use for the little butterflies. And I love how different all four cards are, even though they're essentially the same!

    Oh, and since I sent you those little butterflies, I've acquired a few more PTI dies...I'm just saying. :)

    Here's hoping I get to some crafting soon -- I'm in withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting how color makes some look "girlie" and some masculine. Always fun at this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me love the Kraft the best. Before you, I didn't have a single sheet. Now, I need to re-order again! Its' charms really show up when displayed against the others and their particular charms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of those butterflies! It is interesting how just a single color makes such a different feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards....I too am addicted to punches. Love how you used them here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the essence of simplicity - they give a clear message in a pretty way! Also, have I ever mentioned that I love that you post on Sundays - it's so nice to look forward to seeing something new (but I completely understand if you need to take a day/weekend/month! off some time!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly amazing that each color has a personality! I'm in love with the stylishly understated pea green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's great! It helps that you've photographed them well too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you used them separately, to show how different each could be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab cards but its got to be the kraft for me - can't leave it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A friend gave me 100+ butterfly diecuts not long ago. You've given me the inspiration to use them. Thanks.

    Your cards are so cute. The black pearls remind me of vest buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Amazing how the mood changes with each different color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all these cards.
    you are such a clever cookie!
    thanks, as always!
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aah! butterflies..so elegant yet so simple..and love what you've done with them...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simplicty at its best! :)
    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. ultra clean and super spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!