Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cheers to You

My vacation wasn't tropical at all, having taken place in northern Minnesota, but I love the idea of a tropical vacation involving a cute cabana boy bringing me drinks like this one while I lounge on the beach under an umbrella reading a good book.


In fact, this is a fantasy of mine and my friend Erin. Erin and I were pregnancy buddies eleven years ago and plan on a joint vacation in about 16 years, when all of our little ones have flown the nest. Our hubbies can run around sailing and scuba diving and expending whatever energy makes their Y chromosome happy while Erin and I spend two weeks doing nothing but reading and chatting and drinking boat drinks on the beach.

All mothers deserve such a reward for the long hours we put in over the years!

I can't tell you how the gradation of the magenta ink happened. It's VersaColor cube ink, and it just stamped this way. Don't you LOVE it when something perfect like this happens, rather than an imperfectly stamped image (such as when you don't press down on the whole image evenly or when the stamp picks up yucky lint from the ink pad)? I also love it when I can stamp these outline/fill stamps perfectly aligned. Wish that happened every time. Sigh.

FYI: One-Layer Wednesday will be back tomorrow!

Supplies
stamps: A Day at the Beach (PTI)
ink: Palette noir, VersaColor
paper: PTI white, SU black
accessories: dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. The colour is just brilliant and so are the mental pictures you create. I only noticed the "I design for ..." icon - very nice and suits your blog very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card....says so much with so little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I'm with you....... on the beach for 2weeks, that'll be enough...... well maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong. Our youngest graduated h.s. 11 years ago, and I haven't met that cute little drink guy yet! lol... Great card, Susan - way too much fun! Guess now, I'd better check out the Mark's site - haven't been there yet!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you bring that drink over to my tropical island when you visited this morning? How perfectly our cards go together today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color and simplicity of the card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the colours and the simplicity, of course, and they "All mothers deserve such a reward for the long hours we put in over the years"
    I am a mom to a 15 mos old little girl.. and I am already counting the time when I can get a 8 hr shut eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all... seriously, the magenta ink just happened to stamp that way? This is not a carefully masked and sponged drink? Secondly... I'm in awe that you could get a two-step stamp so utterly perfect. Wow. And in case you couldn't already tell, I think this card is fantastic! The black layer just sets everything off perfectly. And btw, I'm SURE you can drink boat drinks in northern Minnesota. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!!! fancy a sip of something exotic myself! isn't it nice to dream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know it's your fault that I've become addicted to PTI stamps...my hubby is getting suspicious of all the boxes that keep coming to the house. How long do you think I can convince him that I'm receiving "prizes" for my awesome card making/scrapping skills?~ LOL!!! I won't break down and admit to spending so much money until I absolutely HAVE to!!

    I do love PTI!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card Susan! So summery - you could enter this for our A Passion for Papertrey current challenge!!!. I wish I could get my stamps aligned as perfectly as that even once lol! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, even though it wasn't your tropical vacation, I hope you still had a good time! You definitely deserve the vacation of your dreams, though. You can tell your husband I said so! :)
    Great card and great alignment. Your coloring of the beverage came out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty Umbrella drink! You've inspired me to ink my old similar-stamp......I hadn't thought of the pink, which is just what it needed. The yellow I tried to use looked dull and dumb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!