Monday, November 12, 2012

Glitter!

I very deliberately haven't used glitter on Christmas cards for months, simply because I wanted to send lots of Christmas cards to Operation Write Home...and the soldiers can't have glitter (which seems mean but actually could be a matter of life or death). The other day, however, it occurred to me that the OWH deadline for Christmas cards had passed, and now I'm making for myself.

I can use as much glitter as I want.

So here you go.





I wanted to experiment with this layout, keeping everything on the bottom third of a portrait-oriented card. It was, quite frankly, boring before I added the glitter. (Click on the picture to see some of the sparkle.)

Glitter is good.

So very good.

YAY, GLITTER!


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Pinecones
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: glue pen, glitter

7 comments:

  1. Didn't think I "needed" this stamp set, but the more I see it used the higher it gets on my wish list. The glitter really adds dimension to the pinecones. Love it, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used it judiciously and well. A touch here and there can really liven up a card. I like the layout, but it seems I always do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all on board with a touch of glitter too - beautiful and very elegant card, Susan !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would guess the glitter danger would be that it would draw attention to the troops where attention shouldn't be. Glitter tends to linger~

    I LOVE the way you added glitter Susan...so classy and just enough~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card. I like the glittered pine cones. Do you ever apply Stickles instead of glue and glitter? If so, which do you prefer? I like the texture and "feel" of the glitter vs the understated look of Stickles. The latter, however, is so much easier to use and so less messy, which makes it so tempting. Hee! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!