Thursday, November 29, 2012

OLW116 Reminder, a Few More Die Cut Cards, and Peace

OLW116 
Remember that this week, the One-Layer Wednesday Challenge is on Karen's blog and it's Scene It...create a scene on your card! How fun is that?!?! Karen's sample is beautiful, so be sure to click over and get inspired!

Today's Cards 
I'll need to work on a scene myself because today's cards are far from scenes. WAY far from scenes. I wanted to combine a couple of the die cuts Sharon sent with bling and colored card stock. The result is a couple of baby cards!





How easy are these?!?! And a great use of those larger rhinestones that seem to collect as I use so many more of the smaller ones.

Peace
Things are ramping up for Christmas for me. Tonight, I'm meeting with my Stephen Ministry group to make ornaments to hand out to the congregation. We did this last year as a way to raise awareness for people who are struggling to feel joy at a time of year when joy is everywhere. People who have lost loved ones, jobs, marriages, friends, health, independence, or faith can often feel an added burden of pain when everyone around them is gleefully going about the holidays with jingle bells and laughter.

Last year, we ran out of ornaments. The message of the ornaments...that it's okay to not be singing Joy to the World if you're feeling like a wretch and need Amazing Grace...struck a chord with a lot of people. Last year's ornaments contained a mustard seed and message about how God takes the tiniest bit of faith and grows it into something wonderful. This year's ornament focuses on peace...the peace that comes from God and passes all understanding.  Heavenly peace.

Peace be with each and every one of you as you move through this holiday season. May it deepen your joy or comfort your sadness. Breathe deep the heavenly peace.  

Supplies
stamps: none
ink: none
paper: SU pretty in pink, bashful blue
accessories: die cuts, glue pen, rhinestones




13 comments:

  1. What an absolutely wonderful ministry...I know God must use this to encourage the downhearted during the holiday season! And your cards are fabulous - I just got this PTI die and I love how you've made clean and simple baby cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used this die Susan. I think I have to have it and the set that works with it. I just love how you used it to make baby cards. Smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are wonderfully done. You've even got me thinking I need a die-cutting machine. Oy vey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These baby cards are dramatically sweet and simple. Love the bling. That die is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards-as always and nice to know that someone understands how hard it is when the rest of the world is enforcing happiness at Christmastime and due to a myriad of reasons one doesn't always feel like smiling and being cheery and the "brave face" slips. Oh how I wish I lived nearer ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonerful CAS baby cards. I LOVE the design and colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, these are unique baby cards indeed...just think they are wonderful. My customers might not think there was enough on them but I do and would use this idea for my own cards to new parents. Lovely! I don't have the words but have the alphabet to make any words I want which is better value than just three words in that PTI set in the long run.
    As for the little 'ornaments' - gosh I think this is absolutely wonderful! Truly it is something I was thinking this week that not all are singing 'Joy to the World' - I have that stamp and was going to use it for something and then didn't for that very reason. That is a wonderful idea - now can you elaborate or show a picture of what you did last year? Or if not last year - this years? And, incidentally, for the last post....if I had your e-mail I would send you a card.....please, if you wish to disclose to me, e-mail me at
    Joyce@Shikishi.co.uk
    I really would love to see the 'ornament' you make.we have a homeless/difficult people hostel beside our church, might use your idea for that....we have a good relationship with the management in that we will always send over our extra food...lots of cakes etc....for them....and also things which are just made for them and not 'left over' as it were......best regards from a dull, foggy Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are lovely! The baby colors look so good with the white message bumped up against the edge. The bling is perfect to dress up this simple and to the point card. I also love the idea of your Stephen ornaments. I think some people are so blasted with "merry Christmas" that they just can't feel it. Striving for peace instead of ho-ho-ho is what we all need more of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very hip cards, love the orientation of the sentiment and how it "butts" right up to the edge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be wonderful to see your ornaments - a few years ago, instead of cards, we sent everyone origami peace cranes with a copy of the story for Christmas, several people commented on them. If you can, please inspire me again!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to see a picture of the ornaments you made. I participate in a church card ministry and I am always looking for new ideas and ways to encourage people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Re: Peace...thanks Susan. Felt like you were talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea to use "blessed" on baby cards--love them!

    Peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!