Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One-Layer Wednesday 113: Dark Red, Yellow/Gold, and Green

This week's odd-numbered One-Layer Wednesday challenge is to use the colors dark red, yellow/gold, and green on a card. This was inspired by the view out my study window a few weeks back. The trees and bushes positively glowed in those three colors. Interestingly, you could probably make Christmas cards using those colors, as well as autumn/Thanksgiving cards. The theme of the card doesn't matter, just that you use those three colors (plus dark brown or black if needed for a sentiment).

Hmmm. So many ideas!

Of course, I made a Thanksgiving card for the Gratitude Campaign. This one uses a piece of watercolor paper I found in a folder. I inked up the leaf stamp (Fall Elegance, Papertrey) using Memento inks (rhubarb, pistachio, dandelion), spritzed heavily with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds, and stamped.






OLW113 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers of card stock allowed!

2. Use the colors dark red, yellow/gold, and green to make a card. You may add black or dark brown for the sentiment if necessary. Please remember to keep embellishments to a minimum!

3. Upload your card somewhere online and link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar. If you link to your blog, please make sure the link goes to the individual post, not to your blog's home page.

4. HAVE FUN!!!!!! (That's the most important rule of all!)

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Fall Elegance
ink: Memento
paper: unknown wtaercolor paper
accessories: Glimmer mist




23 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Lovely combination of these colours. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY!!! (note the gratuitous exclamation marks and the capitals)

    Since Fall is my favorite time of year, this really resonates with me. Th watercolor effect is particularly pleasing. I can't see the glimmer mist shimmer, but can only imagine it would give it an extra kick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. I LOVE this card. I think this will be my Thanksgiving card this year. I just love it!! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Isn't this so pretty! Love the "blended" effect with the watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors--they are so vibrant. The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THIS is a card to get excited over (well many of yours are, but this one is superb). I just finished my Thanksgiving cards but they are layered, die cut, stamped, have ribbon. Certainly not CAS, but they are pretty. I have learned a lot from you and enjoy reading your blog. Personally, I think the CAS cards are the nicest, but most of the people I send to seem to prefer more fussy cards, so I do a lot of those. I think I am going to make a resolution this comin year to cut back on fussy and try to gently nudge my people into a simpler mode. Thanks for continuing to share your beautiful work.
    tonilea
    jiffy1212@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Susan, stunning card. I love the way the Glimmer mist affected the ink on the stamp and how the images stand out. I must say, I've enjoyed all your cards, but I think this is my favorite to date. TFI

    ReplyDelete
  8. W.O.W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    wish my computer cd make larger letters cuz this card is
    S.P.E.C.T.A.C.U.L.A.R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for sharing your talents.
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmygoodness, what a gorgeous card! Those ink colors are just perfect for this, and just make your card glow. This sounds relatively simple to do, but it just can't be if it turns out this beautiful. This is my next year's Thanksgiving card! Thanks Susan, for sharing your wonderful ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whooooeee, those leaves are spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is just gorgeous, the falling leaves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Love these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colors for the challenge and a gorgeous card. Those leaves are spectacular. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous ... truly inspiring! Anita in France

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!