Sunday, November 4, 2012

Holly and a Tag

Today's card uses a corner punch I'd forgotten I have...until I pulled out the ticket punch for another card and saw it lying in the drawer.

I'll bet none of you ever has that particular first-world problem...having so much stuff you forget what you have.

Bless our little forgetful hearts.

Anyway, the sentiment stamp from Papertrey's Happiest of Holidays fits perfectly on a tag shape, so that's what I did with it. The holly makes a nice, festive backdrop, too.



The little tiny bling on the tag is the same green as the holly...it's just too small to register as anything other than black on the photo. Notice how the red berries guide the eye to the tag? I tried using red thread and then green thread on the tag, but both were visually distracting. White was an okay compromise that doesn't stop the eye from going to the sentiment.

UPDATE on Memento Inks: There's nothing to update. I got a concerned response to my original email asking for photos, which I sent, and I haven't heard anything back. Some of my favorite older pads are starting to dry up (whatever would I do without pear tart?!?!?). I'm going to replace them and hope for the best.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Mistletoe and Holly, Happiest of Holidays
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: SU tag corner punch, circle hole punch, dimensionals, tiny rhinestone, craft thread

9 comments:

  1. What a festive card! Good luck with your Memento inks. I bought a few of the new SU! reformulated ink pads and they're the best ink pads I've ever used. I'm fighting temptation to replace my most-used colors with the new pads, but the coverage makes a stamped image look like it was printed and I know I'll cave in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. sorry about the ink company. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I;ve had pretty good luck using Memento reinkers on my teardrop pads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have more than 1 or 2 Memento ink pads, but I do know that good customer service is a top reason for me to stick with a company. I'm stubborn enough that I'd boycott, especially with continuing non-responsiveness. The card is lovely--seems like an after-thought, but the slight is unintended. I think it's another perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the bolder green wit this holly - perfect punch for the sentiment!


    My rubber stamps work perfectly with the new Memento colors -- clear not so much... hmmmm

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful and oh so perfectly done, love the tagged sentiment :)

    ...and I have no idea what you mean about "forgetting things we have" wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit I share your problem about forgetting some of the stamping stuff I have - and I have a similar one which is having so much stuff that sometimes I know I have something but I've forgotten where I put it in amongst everything else! I think it's time to cull some stuff....

    Your card is perfect. I may try to CASE it for my minimalist sister. She would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update on Memento inks - I was hoping for a miracle, I suppose! I just love the new colours I bought but the coverage is so splotchy. Have continued to use my beloved Fresh inks instead with such good coverage ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!