Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Super Size

Sometimes, to make an idea work, you have to think outside the box, expand your horizons, and cut your card stock a bit bigger.

And by bigger, I mean 10" x 7", folded into a 5" x 7" card.

Which looks huge when you're used to 4.25" x 5.5".




But super sizing the card was the only way to allow this particular sentiment (Hero Arts, I think) to be matted and have plenty of white space to breathe. The glitter paper (that horridly heavy stuff from Michael's) is so very pretty and sparkly and blue. It was worth super sizing.

This card would be easy to mass produce, by the way. Just sayin'.



Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: Memento
paper: Michael's glitter paper, Papertrey white
accesories: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Corner Chomper

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I love the sparkly blue!!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sparkle paper is a perfect frame for your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for supe sizing - I often make 5x7 cards, it is sdefinitley worth it to keep some "space" :)

    Beautifully frames, love the adjacent corners rounded like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Susan, love the blue and the font for the sentiment.
    My cards are almost always 6 x 8" - a sheet of A4 a time...plus insert paper...hmmmm....a lot of paper and the insert paper has to be good enough to write on with a broad edged pen and ink....oh well.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be-blue-ti-ful!

    That "Merry Christmas" stamp is one of the very prettiest I've seen. I would love to find it, but hope in a way that I don't, because I would buy the entire set just for that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean, simple and very elegant. Love the font on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious Susan.. do you cut out a bit of that lovely paper before you mat with the white layer? :)
    the card is glorious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaya Christina, Hi! I punched the snowflake from the glitter paper and then glued it to the sentiment panel. It'd be cool to cut the snowflake from the panel and let the glitter paper show through, but controlling the placement with a punch would be a bear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Super size me!" Well, I think that's what they say anyway. Lovely, simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!