Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Something Unexpected: Wooden Snowflakes

I realized yesterday that drawing attention to something unexpected on a clean-and-simple card makes sense, so here's another card with something unexpected.



The real wood paper (purchased a while back at Michael's) makes perfectly unexpected snowflakes, don't you think? I love how the grain shows and adds some texture to the flakes (click on the picture to see it bigger!). The paper is fragile (especially when punched so thin for the smaller flakes), so I glued the flakes directly to the card base for added support.

Also, the SU cherry cobbler ink has tones of brown in it that fit so well with the wood tones, yet the red gives the whole card a festive punch. I'm sending this card to my aunt the woodcrafter!

I'm not sure how often I'll post for the rest of the week. We're having guests for the holiday, and the focus needs to be on family this week. May your own week--wherever you live--be one full of happiness, thanksgiving, and love!

Supplies
stamps: PTI Silent Night
paper: PTI white, unknown wood paper
ink: SU cherry cobbler
accessories: various snowflake punches, glue pen

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card from your clever, creative hands.
    May your Thanksgiving holiday be all that you would want it to be. My thanks to you for sharing all your creativity and once again I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving in my part of the world across the pond!
    Enjoy your family and friends ....
    Chris M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! I like the sizes and shapes of the three wooden snowflakes. A long time ago, when M's had the wood paper on clearance, I neglected buying it. Now that wood embellishments are so trendy, that paper is long gone. Thus far, I've had no luck finding it at local stores. Drats. Oh, well. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving, filled with family, friends, food, and gratitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's! Enjoy the time with your family~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for your aunt, Susan! I have some wood paper but not in this lovely rich tone, perhaps I could try inking it - thank you for such wonderful inspiration.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family - have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS IT! This will be my Christmas card this year! You've done it again....mwah! :)

    Tina B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, HI THERE!

    I just popped by to wish you a happy birthday!

    One of these days I'll make it back to my craft room. Soon. I hope.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving GF...
    hope you enjoy a wonderful day filled with many blessings.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday to you, and thank you for all the design tips and inspiration you've shared with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!