Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Miss You Birdie

Missing You cards are actually fun to make. Giving a visual representation to separation or absence is relatively easy and lends itself perfectly to CAS cards. After all, white space is absence, emptiness.

Consider something as clean and simple as this:



Poor, lonely little birdie! The line of gray connects the bird and the sentiment and serves the function of giving the birdie a place to roost. It's unified, makes its point visually and with words, and has high impact.

And nary a spot of glitter anywhere on it. Yes, it's going to Operation Write Home. I'm so glad I don't have to send miss you cards to my honey anymore.

supplies
stamps: Papertrey Faux Ribbon, Love Birds
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: none




14 comments:

  1. Susan, I look at that card and feel a need to yell, "I miss you too!" Your design is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I Love your blog! In fact, your blog is really the only card-making spot that I visit regularly anymore. Your clean and simple style makes my heart patter with glee, and you hardly make a card that doesn't make me nearly drool on my keyboard. =) Thanks for the gallery of inspiration! Maybe if I come often enough some of your creativity will rub off on me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card. It certainly shows absence, but still maintains its class. Very effective card, very classy, very CAS. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and really sends the message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Susan. It conveys the message so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect depiction of "absence" - beautiful, susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning impact. LOVE the gray with that pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is CAS at it's best. Makes me wish I had someone far away to send a "miss you card" to so I could CASE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect melding of design and the meaning inherent in the sentiment. It almost makes me weep.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!