Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Autumn Stripes

Autumn.

My favorite season of the year.

After an unseasonably cool summer, I'm starting to think autumn will never arrive. Temperatures here in Ohio are summery now, and the Wisconsin Ironman race this weekend is currently forecast to take place in the low 80s.

I want 50s and 60s. I want to wear sweaters and smell the fires of dry leaves burning. I want to drink hot cider and eat apple fritters. I want to put mums on my porch and see the exquisitely blue sky that only happens when it's chilly out.

I want autumn.


Isn't it ironic that a chilly time of year is made up of such incredibly warm colors?

Anyway, I made this homage to autumn card using the large stripe in Watercolor Wonders (Papertrey Ink), leaves from Fall Elegance (also Papertrey) and an old sentiment from Hero Arts. The design concept was to place the action in the horizontal middle of the card while placing the sentiment and leaves asymmetrically. I like how the leaves and sentiment create a sense of movement in a very stable design.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey (Fall Elegance, Watercolor Wonders), Hero Arts (discontinued)
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: rhinestones

11 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Pumpkin Fritters????

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! I mistyped. It's APPLE fritters. Although pumpkin fritters sound delicious, too. No, we get apple fritters at a local farm store. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors...and I'm ready for Fall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors... And the layout looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. I, too, am a huge fan of autumn. Here in Southern Arizona we only get about two weeks of it and usually not for more than two days in a row. I still love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those faux brush strokes are fab. The colors are gorgeous. And I love the sentiment placement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Susan ... love the movement of the leaves. Autumn's on the way here as we have leaves falling already, although it's still hitting 50C in the afternoons! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would enjoy autumn more, if winter did not follow!

    The weather today in Madison (my adopted home town) is very pleasant, which is good as the school year began yesterday, and as most schools are not air conditioned, starting school on a typical Madison summer day, is awful.

    I like your choice of ink colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors remind me of the leaves on the hills in northern Wisconsin in early October. I can practically smell the spiced cider emanating from your card! Will you be in WI for the Ironman? My son lives in Madison, so be sure to *wave* at him if you make it to the Ironman. ; ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty watercolour looking card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!