Thursday, September 5, 2013

We're Here!

We were there, at home, and now after 9 hours of driving, we're here, in Madison, Wisconsin, on a perfect September day. George has registered for the Ironman race, and I'm on line, sharing some recent cards with you.

Because, thanks to the glories of the interwebs, I can.

I made these cards for OWH and as part of my Use-Your-Stamps Challenge. These are about as cutesy as I ever get, but I love, love, love these stamps from Hero Arts!

 
 
 
 
 
 
For both cards, I added a simple horizon with a black pen and quilting ruler. The line anchors the image so it's not floating in space, and the simplicity works perfectly with the line images. Just little hints of color keep the whole thing interesting and super clean.

*swoon*

Don't you think a child of a soldier, sailor, airman, or marine would LOVE to receive one of these cards?

And now I'm going to freshen up for dinner.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (discontinued Newton and kitty), Papertrey (Mega Mixed Messages)
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: markers, black micron pen, quilting ruler, corner rounder, dimensionals

19 comments:

  1. Super cute cards Susan! I don't do "cutesy" all that well, but these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. Thanks so much for the design tip about a horizon line, it makes such a difference, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both these stamps - they haven't seen ink in YEARS, but you've definitely inspired me! Good Luck to George (or whatever you say to Iron Man competitors - I'm sure it's not 'break a leg'!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, and I'm sure they will be appreciated by whoever receives them from OWH. Good luck to George. Hope he stays healthy, and finishes in good time. Also hope that the "keeper of the bike" has a good time! Cheer him on for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cards. I like the line anchor. Best of luck to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOvely cards, what a difference a line can make!!I like the crossed line spots on the doggy.
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were a surprise, Susan, a good one ... how to do cute(ish) and still keep it sooo CAS. Thanks for the anchoring line tip! Good luck to your husband! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very adorable! Have fun and good luck to DH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet cards!! Love those little critters! They are perfect for one of our military heroes too. And while you're in Madison, check out the Nitty Gritty for some awesome burgers, and hit the Hubbard Avenue Diner for some fun food. HAD is off University Avenue in Middleton...right near an Archivers...! Best of luck to DH in his endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet, sweet duo :) Have a great weekend, and good luck to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahw, that doggie! So cute! Great cards, the black lines are a great add.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards, Susan! Good luck to George. I have a feeling this is going to be his year. Finish strong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to Madison! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Love your blog ad your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute, and so CLEAN! Love them both! The drawn lines are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super - love the line and the touch of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adding the horizon line makes a big difference. When I first looked at your cards, I would have thought to put the line at the very bottom of the image. I got out a few stamps and played around. Putting the line just slightly above the bottom of the image as you did works so much better. Thanks again for another lesson learned and one I will put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I do and they are adorable. I hope that someday, I can do CAS too, just like Susan. It's why I'm here stalking your blog. LOL I'm slowly decluttering my life and hopefully, it will spill over onto my card making. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! So cute! And I have these Hero Arts stamps too. They are some of the ones I will never part with as over and over again they come up useful. I love just the hint of color on both. I've done the cat that way but never thought to just do the dog's tongue. Oh my! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!