Friday, September 6, 2013

Operation Write Home and the Thanksgiving Crusade

Note: If you are interested in following our little Ironman adventure this weekend, please visit my other blog, Questioning my Intelligence. I'll be updating there all weekend!

Also note: The OLW for this week is on Ardyth's blog...and it's called Paintchip...use as many shades of a single color as you can. How fun is that!!!

And now for the real reason you're here...some cards.

Today's post shares three cards riffing on the same basic layout and sentiment, a sentiment that is absolutely, totally perfect for our heroes to send home to their family and friends at Thanksgiving. That means these cards are perfect for both OWH and for the Thanksgiving Crusade.





These fabulously clean and crisp images come from Waltzingmouse's Blessed by You set, as does the sentiment. This really is an amazing set, and the joy I've had stamping with it is encouraging me to order more stamps from that darling Irish company with the most excellent customer service.

And no, I'm not paid or compensated for saying that. It's my own unsolicited opinion. But I do have a bit of the Irish in me, so top o' the day to you!

Remember that you are allowed to link to all your Thanksgiving/gratitude cards on the Thanksgiving Crusade page until the end of November. If you're in search of Thanksgiving inspiration, click on the link and check out what's already been posted there for this year...and also last year's wonderful submissions!

From a design standpoint, today's cards are as simple as they can be, but I'd like to point out that to pull off such simple designs successfully, the stamping itself must be flawless. The first time I stamped the card with the house, I didn't ink the sentiment fully and it looked blotchy. That botched, blotchy effort got recycled, and I did it again...the right way.

If you have issues with perfectionism, CAS stamping can be enormously satisfying but perhaps not helpful in your recovery from that perfectionism.

Just sayin'.

Supplies
stamps: Waltzingmouse
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: not a blessed one

2 comments:

  1. These are so elegant in their simplicity. The images and the sentiment are just perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the second card....just perfect!!
    www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!