Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Water, The Easy Way

When I bought the owl stamp on Salt Spring Island, I also picked up a water bird image. It's not quite as detailed as the owl, but there's always the need to create a watery ground for the image, and that's intimidating.

Until I thought of Watercolor Wonders from Papertrey.

Put the two together, and this is what you get.



The Watercolor Wonders long stamp is inked with Soft Pool ink from Hero Arts and spritzed with water. Once the water was stamped, I added the bird (using a stamp positioner since it's wood mounted!), then the sentiment, then cut out the panel.

Note that the bird's beak points at the sentiment. That's on purpose.

As far as you know.

The stamped panel needed a little something, so I added a very thin black mat. I love how easy this was and how clean and fresh it looks.

What do you think?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey (sentiment, water), Salt Springs Island (bird)
ink: Hero Arts, Memento
paper: Papertrey White, SU black
accessories: squirt bottle of water, dimensionals

21 comments:

  1. Amazing. Just amazing. How you manage to take something simple to this level. You are my card making hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful composition - very artistic. The water is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a feeling of peace about this card, Susan ... which will be to do with how each element is perfectly balanced with the others and how it's so flawless ... simply lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. real peaceful and tranquil !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, caught my eye as i was photographing birds like this at the weekend.

    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea-I hadn't thought of using the PTI stamps in this way-thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you ground your stamps. It just makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant way to use the watercolor stamp and I love the image framed in black!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I also really like the bird - great detail to it! I found it interesting you stamped first and then cut out the panel - when I try that I am off center [of course!]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, and very elegant, Susan - the "water" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I would have been tempted to color that bird, but I love how the water is the only splash of color. Very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea. Love the black border on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I truly wondered how you watercolored such a neat even stripe like that but now I see you used a stamp. Shh... I won't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan, You are the true "Queen of CAS". This card is awesome. The water line is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful with the watery stamp of color and the black mat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way you did the water. I have several of those stamps from Salt Spring Island as I live near there. The company is actually called Old Island Stamp Company. It still exists and has a website (but is under a new owner now and has moved from Salt Spring Island - great customer service).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I just say that you never cease to amaze me! I love the "simplicity" of your cards. Just my style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!