Thursday, September 26, 2013

Love Fruit

These stamps were given to me by Dare 2B Artzy, with no obligation on my part whatsoever. But I'm loving them and hope you are, too!

Today's card combines two different sets from Dare 2 B Artzy: Retro Pattern and Giving Spirit.


First, I stamped the stem of leaves from Retro Pattern repeatedly over the left third of the card in shimmery pearlescent thyme ink from Brilliance. LOVE this green! (You can see the shimmer at the top of the card pretty well.)

Then, I inked up the sentiment from Giving Spirit in pearlescent ivy (a much darker green) and stamped it in the "sweet spot."

For a sketch of the Rule of Thirds, scroll down a bit on THIS POST. The "sweet spots" in designs are the lower right and upper left intersections of the vertical and horizontal lines drawn to divide the card into thirds. When you follow the rules, designing a card like this one is easy as pie.

Mmmm. Pie.

The heart-shaped bling is the whipped cream on the pie slice.

Mmmm.

I think I need to eat breakfast.


Supplies
stamps: Dare 2B Artzy Retro Pattern, Giving Spirit
ink: Brilliance
paper: Papertrey White
accessories: heart-shaped rhinestones 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The retroish green is perfect for the border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I can't wait for Thanksgiving pumpkin pie with real whipped cream - mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that stem stamp as a repeated pattern and the bling is a nice added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I love how you used the border stamp. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at green shimmery. A very beautiful card, and what an amazing sentiment. Might have to check these stamps out.... Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!