Sunday, September 15, 2013

Metallic Pens, a Chuckle, and Bling...Lots of Bling

Lots of you asked me what brand of metallic pen I used on THESE CARDS. Here are the brands I've used with success.


That's PrismaColor Premier, Sakura Pen-touch, Pilot, and Marvy Uchida.

I don't have a preference...all four have worked for me nicely. Each pen has a sturdy barrel with a metal ball in it. Each pen needs to be primed the first time you use it...the tip will be white, and you must shake the pen vigorously, then depress the tip on a thick scrap of paper repeatedly until the ink runs smoothly and all the white is replaced with the ink color.

Whenever the pen starts to skip, just shake vigorously and prime it again on a scrap. If you don't move your ruler, you can repeat the line and correct any skipping with a second or third pass.

By the way, I mistook the copper Marvy Uchida pen for bronze when I typed my last post. It's definitely copper.

And on a completely unrelated subject, I bought a new door mat for my front door that might give a few of you long-time readers a chuckle.



Yes, it's a pear. For wiping one's feet.

The dog won't walk on it. She's afraid.

I'm not. I just laugh at it.

Because I'm weird that way.

For those of you who are lost and not getting the joke, please read this post. You'll never look at pears the same way again.

And here's bling on a Christmas card. Lots of bling.



This card uses beautiful, shimmery Brilliance inks and a bunch of bling in multiple sizes.

Because you can never have too much bling.

But more than one pear at a time...let's just not go there.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink's Silent Night
ink: Brilliance
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: rhinestones



12 comments:

  1. The pear doormat is genius! If you come home from a trying day of errands going through that door will instantly bring a smile to your face!

    Love the card! Thank you for the names and makers of the pens you use. I have had not so great results with Sharpies. They are OKAY. But my silver never seems to be as brilliantly shiny as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed as soon as I saw the doormat. I remember that post...The Christmas card is beautiful. I love the swirl and the sentiment. Thanks for the pen info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard the pear legend out in the blogosphere and always wondered ... now I know. You're right, won't be able to look at this poor fruit in the same way again. Doormat ... pear ... should they be together? Lovely card, Susan, lots of bling and shimmer ... delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guess I have seen it all now....a pear on your doormat!!lol and considering how you feel about them.
    hugs mf

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'pear' was also a horrendous medieval device of torture.....I think I'll stick to just 'welcome' on my doormat! Beautiful card and the verse sums up Christmas time wonderfully. Thank you so much for telling us what pens you use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Susan! I especially remembered your "funny" about the pears from years ago. Soooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. The bling is perfect. Ever since I read your post on 'pears' that many years ago I have never been able to look at a pear or even a photo of one without chuckling. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A male coworker has been bringing in bags of pears from his backyard tree. I grin every time I walk by his desk....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I see a pear I chuckle and think of you. That is too funny that you have one on your doormat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too remember your post on pears - cannot believe you bought that mat! Too funny. Oh, and thanks for the info on silver pens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! I can't believe you bought that mat! Thanks for the info on the metallic pens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!